Fastener Engineer, Vehicle Integration (m/f/d)
8 days ago
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking skilled a Fastener Engineer, Vehicle Integration. You will work with a team of engineers and others in support of vehicle development as well as ensuring readiness for production. You will drive all fastener-related issues to closure to get the Lucid Air and future products into mass production.
- Perform Joint Design, Fastener Catalog Standard Part Release, and Validation to develop fastening strategies for the vehicle
- Work with FEA engineers to specify loads, define stress targets, and improve analysis methods for bolted joint analysis
- Assist Design Engineers in joint design and recommend fasteners based on usage, coating & part strength
- Perform upfront analysis of bolted joint systems to identify the optimal fastener, optimize robustness and minimize costly redesigns
- Plan, design, and document a company-wide fastener catalog based on best practices cost control and global availability
- Achieve commonization of fasteners with assembly-friendly solutions
- Manage the creation & maintenance of CAD, part numbers, and drawings (using CATIA v6 and Enovia)
- Maintain a list of critical joints for the product
- Track progress of fastener selection, release, and validation
- Develop and implement testing strategy based on cooperation with other teams and/or external teams to validate joints. In some cases, conduct physical verification testing of bolted joints including residual torque measurements
- Provide Design Engineers with testing support including samples and testing oversight
- Drive resolution of joint design issues between stakeholders
- Provide continuous improvement of processes by supporting line walks, best in class serviceability, assembly time reduction, and cost reduction initiatives
- Promote and investigate new fastener technologies
- Conduct training in principles of bolted joint analysis for management, engineers, and designers
- BSME Degree
- 3+ years of Fastener Engineering experience w/automotive OEM or supplier
- Fastener lab testing experience
- Fastener selection/recommendation experience
- Fastened joint design review experience
- Excellent engineering fundamentals and problem-solving skills
- Fastener manufacturing experience is a plus
- Knowledgeable on 3D CAD modeling software (CATIA v6 preferred) for developing and designing product solutions
- Ability to read and understand component drawings including GD&T information
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.