Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
The Cloud Platform team at Lucid is currently seeking a Site Reliability Engineering. In this position, the individual will be responsible for providing reliability to the Cloud Platform that enabled Lucid Motors' Cloud-based Applications on various public and private Cloud Infrastructure. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. We are looking for a hands-on Software Engineering, who will collaborate with other engineers to build, automate and maintain the Cloud Platform.
- Provide Reliability Engineering to one or more cloud services deployed and managed across regions.
- Continuous delivery (CI/CD) using ArgoCD, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, Docker.
- Containerization and deployment of microservices and data pipeline on Kubernetes using Helm installation.
- Advocate for a DevOps culture of automation, self-service, and engineering best practices to enable development teams.
- Autoscale and monitoring performance for Kubernetes and running applications using Prometheus and Grafana or similar tools.
- Performing SRE activities such as availability and reliability monitoring and reports.
- Deploy, configure and maintain tools such as Kafka, Spark, Presto, Airflow, MQTT, and Microservices.
- Setting up infrastructure as a service using Terraform.
- Operate and Setup code repository with GitLab or Bitbucket.
- Support No-SQL databases such as Elastic Search, Influx, Mongo, Presto, Cassandra, and other open sources services.
- Setup and monitor various applications and services. Continuously enhance the alerts and automate the recovery process.
- Participate in on-call rotation to keep up the service SLA per the business needs.
- Work with Product Owner, Engineering Manager, and team members in Agile Scrum and Kanban mode.
- ake appropriate actions by doing impact analysis during the incidents.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, OR equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in SRE or DevOps Engineering.
- 5 years of experience deploying and maintaining applications that are built using Docker and orchestrated on Kubernetes on Public or Private Cloud Providers.
- 5 years of experience using Cloud Automation tools such as Terraform, Cluster API, or other frameworks.
- 5 years of experience in Programing or scripting languages using Python, Go, Bash/Shell, or others.
- 5 years of administrative operations knowledge in RDBMS such as Postgres and no-SQL such as Cassandra, MongoDB, or others.
- 5 years of experience with tools such as Jenkins, ArgoCD, Artifactory, etc. to build automation, CI/CD, Self-Service pipelines.
- Experienced with running large-scale distributed computing infrastructure for running Data Platforms using Spark, Hive, Presto, Zookeeper, and Kafka.
- Experienced with various debugging tools and troubleshooting performance bottlenecks at the infrastructure or at the application tier.
- Good to have experience with Config Management and automation using Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or others.
- Ability to communicate with teams across geographical regions.
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.