Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a SW Manufacturing Diagnostics Developer to join our team. You will develop and implement a system to bring up and validate the vehicle electrical system during manufacturing processes. You will also develop and implement a system to manage End-of-Line (EOL) test equipment and perform diagnostics on the data collected by EOL systems. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Develop and implement a system to install, bring up and test the vehicle Electronic Control Unit’s (ECU) firmware and Telematics Unit (TCU) software during manufacturing processes.
- Develop and implement a system to bring up and validate the vehicle electrical system during manufacturing processes.
- Develop and implement a system to manage End-of-Line (EOL) test equipment and perform diagnostics on the data collected by EOL systems.
- Work closely with multidisciplinary engineers to collect and interpret the component and vehicle level requirements and to translate them into a scalable system level validation procedure to be performed during the vehicle integration process.
- Identify the root causes of issues during vehicle bring up, firmware update and calibration process and work with Lucid software integration team and manufacturing to develop proper resolutions.
- Develop engineering tools to support activities such as software flashing, diagnostic services, and engineering data exchange. This may include working collaboratively with vendors to formulate and build applications and tool customizations to optimize and automate the software updating process.
- Provide on-site support for manufacturing partners to manage vehicle bring-up including troubleshooting of vehicle systems, end-of-line testing, and sensor calibration.
- 3+ years of experience with automotive controller integration testing and vehicle electrical system bring up activities
- LabVIEW familiarity
- A good working knowledge of manufacturing controls and automotive diagnostics
- Good knowledge in Vehicle Electrical Architecture - CAN/LIN/Ethernet
- Fundamental understanding of circuit design, mechanical systems, sensors, and actuators as well as ECU communication
- Experience with failure analysis methodologies like FMEA and fault trees
- Ability to understand complex manufacturing processes and systems
- Strong understanding of the electrical and software architecture of modern automotive vehicles
- Experience with integration and automation of manufacturing and test equipment
- Customer focused, positive, supportive, self-motivated, considerate personality required – must work well in a team environment
- Ability to manage complex projects and keep projects on track
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
- Arizona - $92,000 - $126,500
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.