Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Stamping Specialist, Die Design. The Sr. Stamping Specialist Die Design leads the stamping die design outputs to improve die performance, ensure the stamping dies will produce parts that meet all quality expectations, the delivery of world class products on time and cost effectively. The Stamping Specialist is also the PLM interphase between the Product Design team and the Stamping Engineering group. He or she will help establish a robust product manufacturing process using Catia. He or She will also be the main point of contact for GSM and Product Engineering to review cost, timing and die design impact of proposed engineering chances of parts currently in production.
- Provide prompt feedback of product design proposals to ensure manufacturability.
- Review and provide feedback on supplier die designs.
- Work closely with the simulation and tooling engineers to ensure die designs meet Lucid Die Standards and are aligned with the approved process.
- Address Lucid technical questions regarding impact and feasibility of proposed part changes and follow up to ensure all action items are completed.
- Facilitate PCR process interaction between Supplier and Lucid Engineering teams.
- Manage with internal Lucid Customers, assesses needs regarding priorities, deadlines, and quantities & drives suppliers for on time deliverables.
- Provide a leadership role in providing a product performance guideline.
- Maintains documentation of internal or external communication, processing data, and other pertinent product information.
- Assists development with new process or materials as requested.
- Travel is minimal however required as needed (US & International).
- BS degree, Mechanical Engineering major or a Tool & Die Apprenticeship with experience is preferred.
- 5+ years of Tool Design Engineering experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment with an emphasis Aluminum and Steel stamping dies.
- The ability to function as a bridge between Product Design and Toolmakers.
- Aluminum Class A, BIW and Closures experience with focus on the design of stamping dies.
- Must have the ability to travel internationally.
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork skills.
- Working knowledge of current manufacturing techniques – tooling, metal stamping, assembly and testing.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Effective skill in establishing and maintaining working relationships with a wide range of individuals from varying economic, social, and educational backgrounds in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong mechanical, time management and analysis skills.
- Knowledge of material properties, mechanics of materials and how these materials react when subjected to varying stamping conditions.
- Must be capable of working with peers, subordinates, supervisors, and management on a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to remain current with state of the art technologies and practices related to the metal stamping process as well as develop innovative solutions when necessary.
- Able to use MS Office- Excel, Project, Word. Advanced proficiency in Cad software - CATIA.
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.