Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry. The Sr. Robotics Engineer will play a lead role in advancing Lucid’s goal of being a highly advanced manufacturing company. This role is central to all automation equipment development for Lucid’s factories.
- Be a subject matter expert in industrial robots for the manufacturing engineering team. Participate in developing process and equipment concepts for RFQs to suppliers
- Create hardware, software, safety, and maintenance standards for industrial robots used in manufacturing applications including material handling, dispense, fastening, joining, inspection
- Collaborate with equipment suppliers in selection and configuration of robots and accessories
- Collaborate with equipment suppliers in designing robot mounting, end-of-arm tooling, dress pack, robot transport units, and safety systems
- Coordinate with robot manufacturers on robot orders and delivery schedules
- Integrate with the project team on all stages of equipment development from conception to launch
- 5+ years working experience with Robots (programming, debugging, maintaining and troubleshooting)
- BS in Engineering (Robotic/Electrical/Mechatronics or similar)
- Detailed knowledge of Fanuc robot models, hardware components, and accessories
- Expertise in creating and simulating robot applications in Fanuc Roboguide software
- Familiarity with other popular robot brands in the automotive industry and the salient features of each
- Detailed knowledge of industrial communication protocols such as Ethernet/IP and IO Link
- Detailed knowledge of interfacing industrial robots with systems including PLCs, machine vision, fluid dispense, torque controllers, flow drills, self-piercing rivets, metrology, etc.
- Detailed knowledge of robot and equipment safety standards such as ISO 10218 (ANSI/RIA R15.06) and ISO 13849 (ANSI B11.19), and familiarity with commonly used safety system components such as light curtains, area scanners, guard locking devices, etc.
- Proficiency in robot system design including selection of IO devices and controls components, creating power distribution and network architecture diagrams, creating detailed electrical schematics, documenting sequence of operation and functional requirements
- Hands-on ability to setup a robot application from scratch including configuration, programming, teaching, safeguarding and validation of automated sequences
- Knowledge and experience in robot health evaluation and preventative maintenance procedures
- Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate clearly and professionally at various levels both inside and outside the company
- Working knowledge of CAD software including AutoCAD and CATIA
- Flexibility to support any shift including day, night and swing shifts, as needed. Weekend and holiday work may be required
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.