Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Manager, Cost Accounting, to handle all aspects of advanced automotive manufacturing at our Arizona manufacturing plant. This individual is a key member of the accounting team, and responsible for financial controls and operational improvements related to inventory management and to ensure the accuracy and completeness of inventory valuation and gross margin. This role is highly cross-functional and requires collaboration and significant partnership with a wide variety of teams across the business including IT, operations, logistics, manufacturing and purchasing.
- Act as the primary point of contact for managing Standard Cost. Actively evaluate operational cost, setup standards, and review forecast vs actual costs to identify variances.
- Partner with operations in manufacturing, logistics, and supply chain to understand products costs and variance drivers.
- Lead the monthly close process and review material and production variances to ensure accuracy of inventory, capitalized costs, COGS, and reporting.
- Financial oversight on inventory, cycle count, inventory adjustments, scrap, and excess & obsolescence reserve.
- Own, implement and maintain internal control on accounting processes and ensure compliance with SOX for inventory and related operations.
- Ensure financial records and reports are prepared in compliance with Company’s policies and in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Support external audit for interim and year-end audit procedures.
- Partner closely with key internal stakeholders (i.e., PLM, supply chain, logistics, production, FP&A, IT etc.) to streamline workflows, reduce monthly close cycle time and ensure a continuous improvement in cost accounting processes.
- Responsible for providing direction on accounting questions to others within the larger finance groups as well as key stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Current and in-depth knowledge of US GAAP
- CPA license preferred.
- Working knowledge of SAP or related manufacturing systems
- Minimum 7 years in a financial accounting role with 5 + years’ experience with management in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in building and leading a team. Strong ability to coach, mentor and develop team members.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to build partnerships and work in a collaborative environment.
- Maintain flexibility in a fast-paced environment, and continuously evolving to meet changing business needs.
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.