Sr. Ergonomics & Equipment Engineer, EHS
Casa Grande, AZ, United States
4 days ago
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Environmental, Health, and Safety Engineer, Ergonomics and Equipment. This role will be critical in supporting day-to-day operations by guiding a number of EH&S programs, including developing technical training, evaluating/presenting on industrial hygiene events, driving the EH&S management system framework, and continuously improving the ways for which we monitor and measure the efficacy of our efforts.
- Support day-to-day EHS operations.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of EHS Management System elements pertaining to all manufacturing operations teams including Logistics, BIW, Powertrain, GA, Paint, etc.
- Develop and maintain strong communication between all organizations within manufacturing operations.
- Participate in and lead health risk assessments, draft monitoring plans, and conduct industrial hygiene monitoring activities for new and evolving processes.
- Drive safe equipment design initiatives and support safe new process launches.
- Ensure compliance with Local, State and Federal environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Lead incident analysis activities to determine RCCA identification.
- Design safe work spaces and create, implement, and measure policies for employees to follow that minimize job-related hazards.
- Manage high visibility projects as a key liaison between Lucid Motors and third-party organizations’ driving results to meet aggressive timelines.
- Obtain multiple paths to resolution and present to leadership for buy-in.
- Drive employee engagement programs as a foundation to EHS integration in the workplace.
- Provide support for EHS programs such as LOTO, Hazard Communication, Emergency Response, Fall Protection, Respiratory Protection, Hearing Conservation, Air and Waste management, etc.
- Develop and conduct education and training as required across manufacturing operations.
- Represent EHS in varying multi-functional routine and non-routine engagements.
- Design and conduct workplace inspection practices and drive the corrective and preventative action management process providing key performance indicators.
- Certifications – ASP/CSP certification highly preferred.
- Bachelors in Engineering required (Industrial/EHS/Human-Factors Engineering preferred)
- Knowledge of and experience with Local, State and Federal regulatory agencies and requirements.
- Practical, hands-on experience with LOTO, Machine Guarding, Ergonomics, providing education/training, Risk assessment, Incident Investigation, etc.
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively with manufacturing team members and other key stakeholders.
- 5+ years work experience in environmental, health & safety-related field.
- 3+ years of direct experience in related industries (automotive, machine integration, semiconductor, solar, battery, etc.).
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure while managing competing priorities in a rapid growth environment.
- Well organized and highly detail oriented.
- Willing to lead manufacturing teams down the path of EHS maturity driving continuous engagement.
- Manufacturing is a 24/7 operation; must be available to support occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
- Able to influence and communicate effectively with leaders, technicians, engineers, contractors and supporting staff.
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.