Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Electrical Engineer, Power Electronics, Plant Vehicle Engineering. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches their work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective field and possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection in a fast-paced environment.
- Solve complex component/system level problems using standard problem-solving techniques
- Responsible for design intent assembly requirements of power electronics components used in electric powertrain
- Data driven proactive problem solving & issue avoidance due to process deviations or critical part quality issues
- Troubleshoot all HV System electrical issues which includes BMS hardware, Inverter PCBAs, HV Junction box, & associated electrical hardware
- Drive product issue investigations at the factory and develop containment actions pertaining to power electronics hardware
- Provide design for manufacturability & serviceability feedback in future product development processes
- Advise on build process development, cleanliness, ESD requirements and associated improvements
- Drive build quality issues to closure, by working cross-functionally with engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, and logistics
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of experience in electrical/embedded design, product problem solving, & testing
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering with 3+ years of experience electrical/embedded design, product problem solving, & testing
- Experienced in automotive design standards.
- Knowledge of Microcontroller operation
- Familiar with Ethernet and CAN communications
- Familiar with signal integrity concepts
- Hands-on hardware experience in electronics design for high-voltage and high-power applications
- Good experience with design of analog/digital circuits
- Familiar with schematic capture and circuit simulation tools
- Experience in PCB layout
- Proficiency with lab equipment (Oscilloscopes, Network analyzers, Signal Generators etc.)
- Experience with Design for Manufacturing and DFMEA
- Familiar with electromagnetic compatibility
- Excellent in data analysis using statistics Minitab or JMP, Python, MATLAB
- Experience in using DFMEA, PFMEA, DVP&R, DFM, & RCA with cross-functional teams
- Requires proficiency in Catia or 3DX, Stack up analysis (2D & 3D), SQL, Canalyzer
- Travel is required between the factory in Casa Grande, AZ and Engineering HQ in Newark, CA on as needed basis
- Exceptional communication and documentation skills are required
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.