Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
This position will focus on logistics procurement and be in a team of sourcing professionals, owning supplier and partner relationships, defining the category and supply base strategy, management and negotiation of Logistics Statement of Works, carrier contracts, Master Service Agreements and related contractual execution activities. An ideal candidate will have ambition to grow within Lucid. You must be a high energy and impact individual with a demonstrated ability to succeed in a demanding and stressful environment of a startup. Demonstrated ability to navigate through ambiguities, undefined processes, evaluation of alternatives, growth mindset, and superior communications to lead cross-functional organizations through sourcing activities will be required.
Role Summary: Source, contract, and manage the strategic relationship with logistics providers to meet business needs for all global inbound, outbound, adhoc, and warehousing.
- Develop and conduct sourcing initiatives – negotiating all commercial terms including NDA, SOW, and MSA.
- Develop strategies around inbound material logistics for all modes of transport (Air, Ocean, Truck to ensure optimal delivery and pricing.
- Responsible for maintaining existing contracts by conducting quarterly business reviews for supplier performance management.
- Driving continual cost reduction and quality improvement.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on category planning. Stakeholders include logistics, sales, marketing and service.
- Highly organized and demonstrated ability as a strategic thinker.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, develop effective plans, coordinate change management, and see projects through to conclusion.
- Manage supplier relationships and performance, including but not limited to dispute resolution, as well as develop key performance measures for chosen suppliers.
- Develop sourcing and negotiation strategies that deliver against business objectives and achieves sustainable relationships with suppliers.
- Create competitive environments with suppliers to support a negotiation strategy, and evaluate and provide guidance on final selection of suppliers; Perform value analysis for final selection of suppliers.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Finance, or equivalent required; MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- 7+ years relevant experience with strategic sourcing of logistics products in a complex import/export environment. Automotive and start-up experience strongly preferred.
- Logistics and Procurement experience required.
- Contracting experience required.
- Strong knowledge of multi-modal logistics pricing models and industry trends (air, parcel, ground, ocean, customs brokerage), industry regulations, and best practices. Ability to identify compliance and regulatory risks.
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.