Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Body Structures Engineer for our Vehicle Assembly Facility in Casa Grande, Arizona. Our ideal candidate has a positive can-do attitude and approaches their work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective field, have a passion for problem solving, possess the ability to learn quickly and work collaboratively with Manufacturing, Design and Supplier Quality to build world class luxury EVs.
- Act as the primary representative for BIW Structures Engineering in the plant and engage the appropriate DREs (Design Release Engineers) and Technical Specialists as required to drive current model build issues to resolution.
- Utilize your experience and disciplined problem-solving skills to support root cause analysis for development of both interim and permanent corrective actions and assist in implementation and validation of those actions for continuous improvement in Quality, Cost and Delivery.
- Support cross functional teams from a Product Engineering perspective to ensure successful product integration and flawless manufacturing execution to build world class EVs.
- Work closely with Design Release Engineers, to recommend and release design changes that resolve internal and external quality and manufacturing issues.
- As required, perform component level triage and diagnostics to identify component and / or system level failure modes.
- Communicate effectively to ensure root cause analyses are conveyed to the affected organizations to prevent recurrence.
- Position reports directly to Manager Plant Vehicle Engineering Body, located in Casa Grande, Arizona.
- This position is located in the Casa Grande, Arizona Manufacturing Plant to support product triage, quality, and engineering development/implementation and design revisions that will aid manufacturing.
- Some travel is required between the plant in Casa Grande, AZ, logistics operations center in Tempe, AZ and Engineering HQ in Newark, CA
- 2+ years automotive experience in Vehicle Design and/or Vehicle Development
- Experience in automotive manufacturing plants OEM or Tier1 Supplier
- Demonstrated experience in delivering multiple vehicle programs within quality, cost and timing constraints.
- Prior experience with vehicle prototype builds or vehicle launches.
- Knowledge of requirements for vehicle testing (durability and crash) would be an asset.
- Experience in body structure castings, extrusions and stampings and their associated joining practices and methods.
- Demonstrated proficiency in system physics, associated loads and forces, overall system functionality and key attributes.
- Demonstrated proficiency in CATIA V6 and MS Office Tools
- Possess a strong understanding of Geometric, Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Knowledge of aluminum components and joining practices
- Six Sigma Black Belt, Green Belt or other equivalent problem-solving methodology.
- Experience with Dimensional Variation Analysis or Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Bachelor of Engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field at a minimum.
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.