At Loam, we have the earth in our hands. As a team of scientists, farmers, and entrepreneurs, we are on a mission to revolutionize agriculture and address climate change. Through our cutting-edge microbial technology, we are enhancing soil health, boosting crop yields, and sequestering carbon to create a sustainable future for farming. We are committed to empowering farmers and promoting regenerative practices that benefit both the environment and their bottom line.
As a fast-growing agricultural startup, Loam offers a dynamic and collaborative work environment where innovation and passion thrive. We embrace diversity and believe that our collective expertise and shared commitment can make a significant impact on the global agricultural landscape.
Join us on this exciting journey as we transform agriculture and build a sustainable future together.
About the Role:
As the Agri-Business Operations Specialist, you will work closely with the Loam’s Chief Operating Officer ensure the effective execution of operational strategies and the successful completion of critical projects. This position will see you collaborating and communicating with a wide range of cross-functional teams, including research and development, sales, and marketing, to align Loam’s operations with broader company goals. This role is diverse, dynamic, and integral to our mission of advancing sustainable agriculture.
To be successful in this role, be prepared for frequent travel to different agricultural sites, partner locations, and industry events, as required by the COO, to oversee operations, build relationships, and gather valuable insights.
This position is based in Orange, NSW and relocation support will be provided if necessary.
- Collaborate with the COO to develop and implement operational strategies that drive efficiency and growth across Loam.
- Deploy your experience in agriculture and agri-business to drive outcomes, employing your industry insights to shape strategies and initiatives that yield significant and measurable results.
- Assist in managing day-to-day business operations, including resource allocation, process optimization, and supply chain management, with a focus on agricultural processes.
- Play a vital role in supporting Loam Bio's growth initiatives, including market expansion, new product launches, and partnerships. Conduct market research and analysis to identify growth opportunities in the agricultural sector.
- Take the lead in planning, executing, and overseeing major projects related to agricultural research, product development, and production. Ensure projects are delivered on time, within scope, and within budget.
- Develop and optimise operational processes through data driven decision making, using agricultural data and Loam’s performance metrics.
- You must have experience working within Agri-Business and Agricultural environments, with a strong understanding of agricultural seasonality, the ability to engage with growers, and relevant experience in the agriculture sector.
- Proven ability to build out operational excellence as a doer rather than a commentator, you will demonstrate a strategic yet pragmatic approach to process improvement and enhancing operations.
Also very important:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Business, Operations Management, or a related field.
- Extensive experience in agricultural operations, project management, or a related role. Experience in the agricultural biotechnology sector is a plus.
- Proven ability to manage complex projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to translate data into actionable insights.
- A natural tendency for driving structure and developing process, while still excelling in situations characterized by ambiguity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex ideas and information at an executive level.
- An understanding of financial principles and practices within the agricultural and agribusiness context.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment, with a willingness to take on diverse tasks and responsibilities.
- A genuine interest in agriculture, sustainability, and the mission of Loam Bio.
- Fast-growing start-up with many opportunities for capacity building and career development
- Work alongside leading scientists and innovators in an international organisation
- Enjoy an inclusive and supportive culture
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Relocation support if based outside of Orange, NSW
Why you should join us:
We're tackling some of the most challenging issues of our time, and we're doing it with a team that's passionate about making a difference. If you're looking for a role where you can use your skills to contribute to a mission that matters, we'd love to hear from you.
Loam Bio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic.