At Loam, we have the earth in our hands. As a team of scientists, farmers, and entrepreneurs, we are on a mission to revolutionize agriculture and address climate change. Through our cutting-edge microbial technology, we are enhancing soil health, boosting crop yields, and sequestering carbon to create a sustainable future for farming. We are committed to empowering farmers and promoting regenerative practices that benefit both the environment and their bottom line.
As a fast-growing agricultural startup, Loam offers a dynamic and collaborative work environment where innovation and passion thrive. We embrace diversity and believe that our collective expertise and shared commitment can make a significant impact on the global agricultural landscape.
Join us on this exciting journey as we transform agriculture and build a sustainable future together.
About the Role
As a Senior Manager of Product Development for Loam Bio, you will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing the development and launch of a microbial inoculant to increase soil carbon. This role is based in Calgary and will be focused on key farming regions across Canada. You will play a crucial role coordinating product selection, registration, and commercialization. This position requires strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills, as well as experience in previous product launches.
- Define the product strategy for the Canadian market
- Manage the product validation, registration and launch programs for Wheat, Barley and Canola
- Develop, manage and monitor budgets, resourcing plans and projects
- Ensure all relevant activities are properly documented and recorded in databases or appropriate repositories
- Define and manage work programs of contractors and consultants required for product programs
- Coordinate preparation of technical dossiers and reports at a standard commensurate with peer reviewed journal publication to communicate research outcomes and support regulatory submissions
- Assist with the development of information packs, and field demonstrations for product launch
- Communicate plans and strategy of product iteration and development with the relevant participants in the product pipeline
- Coordinate and convene product stage-gate meetings including preparing summary documentation, scheduling and leading meetings, and documenting decisions
- Engage with growers on technical details and working directly with growers during launch phases
- Degree in Agriculture, Plant Science, Microbiology, or Soil Science, or M.S. degree with 5-10 years of industry experience.
- Strong people, organization, and communication skills and ability to function in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Proven experience bringing products to market via regulatory pathways
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and staff for delivery of results while optimizing the success and development of all involved
- Strong skills related to data acquisition, organization, and data analysis
- Committed to safe working practices and willing to ensure the safety of others around you
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed
Why you should join us:
We're tackling some of the most challenging issues of our time, and we're doing it with a team that's passionate about making a difference. If you're looking for a role where you can use your skills to contribute to a mission that matters, we'd love to hear from you.
Loam Bio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic.
- Fast-growing start-up with many opportunities for capacity building and career development
- Work alongside leading scientists and innovators in an international organisation
- Enjoy an inclusive and supportive culture
- Competitive salary based on experience