This job vacancy is no longer available. To browse available jobs click here.
Senior Associate, Innovation Strategy and City Solutions
Washington, DC, United States
30+ days ago
Lime is a smart-mobility provider that offers a variety of mobility products including e-assist bicycles and electric scooters. Lime aims to revolutionize mobility in cities by empowering residents with cleaner, more efficient, and affordable transportation options for every trip under five miles. Lime’s global operations span over 135 cities and 5 continents, making it the leading micromobility company in the world.
The Innovation Strategy and City Solutions Senior Associate works with the global government relations team to understand the most pressing hardware, product and operational challenges, and then crossfunctionally with other Lime divisions to develop innovative tech solutions that address city government concerns. This role will have primary responsibility for advising on software and hardware “GovTech” tools and “GovTech” business development partnerships that cause cities to enthusiastically choose Lime over other operators. Reporting to the Senior Director of Strategy and Policy Development, the Senior Associate will be a key member of the HQ team.
This role will require expert project management and stakeholder management skills. You will work closely with team members from Marketing, Product, Operations, and Engineering, and be required to build cross-functional alignment on complex questions. This role will also require excellent communication skills, to provide transparency on fast paced, cross-functional initiatives to multiple teams, as well as succinctly communicating your most strategic work to senior leadership.
What You'll Do
- This will be a remote role based out of Washington, DC, New York, NY, Chicago, IL, or Austin, TX.Drive the development of new differentiated tech tools that help address city concerns.
- Keep a pulse on innovations in the industry, and key solutions that might be worth partnership.Help create better outcomes around parking compliance, safety, sidewalk riding, data reporting, equity and transit partnerships.
- Act as a central resource for collecting and prioritizing Govtech feature development that caters to the needs of cities.Work with the global Government Relations team to prioritize the rollout of these features in our highest-value markets.
- Be a creative developer of quick experiments to tackle cities’ problems.Pivot from a reactive, compliance oriented “govtech” approach to a proactive, solution- and long term relationship-oriented approach to cities.
- Conduct competitive analysis to assess competitors’ approach to city concerns
- Help our Product team to prioritize incoming govtech requests, while focusing the majority of energy on developing proactive city solutions.
- Represent the GR team in requests for hardware customizations and long-term scooter model design.
- 5+ years of experience working in fast paced and complex organizational environments, with a Bachelor’s degree.Must have experience with working with engineering and product teams.
- Preferred experience would include experience working with business and corporate development teams.
- Must have experience molding and understanding data to drive insights and actions.
- A proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent market projects across regions to success and strong project management skills.
- Experience balancing strategic leadership with detailed involvement in support of accountabilities.Exceptional written, presentation and verbal communication skills; ability to work well with executives, and able to lead and influence across multiple levels and multiple functions of an organization.
- Entrepreneurial, with high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity, and efficient with limited resources.
- An analytical and strategic mindset that allows you to quickly discern the cost-benefit analysis of your time, the company’s resources, and drive the company toward high-impact initiatives and efficient growth.
- A plus if you have previous experience working with federal, state or local government.
What we offer
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in cities around the world with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with significant opportunity for growth.
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability.
- Work with a team of successful, fun and motivated people.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
At Lime, we strive to build a workforce composed of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow as a company and as individuals. Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer.