Washington, DC, United States
30+ days ago
Lime's mission is to realize a future for transportation that is shared, electric, and carbon-free. As the world's leading provider of shared electric vehicles, Lime partners with cities to deploy electric bikes, scooters, and mopeds to serve any trip under five miles. One of Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential Companies in 2021, Lime has powered more than 200 million rides in more than 150 cities across five continents, spurring a new generation of clean alternatives to car ownership. Learn more at li.me
We are looking for an Operations Manager to join a team working to bring our scooter and bike fleets into the local community of Washington D.C. The field operations teams are at the center of our strategy to transform urban commuting and help people get where they need to go! We’re looking for creative leaders with a passion for innovation, a knack for problem-solving, and the ability to thrive in ambiguity to create world-class customer experiences.
As a leader responsible for fleet health, you will lead a team of specialists to drive performance in your region. You will be an integral part of building new processes and mechanisms as well as driving process execution and efficiency through data-based decisions and analytical problem-solving. Additional duties include coaching and mentoring the team, moving and lifting cycles, and scooters up to 40 lbs. Along the way, you'll see some of the biggest smiles as people try our scooters for the first time.
What You'll Do:
- Work on growth and business development projects and initiatives to keep building the brand in your market.
- Drive results. Work with the General Manager to regularly forecast and set goals for your market. Create an environment of experimentation, analytical thinking, and precision in execution to hit those goals.
- Be an owner. Build and maintain a highly efficient and motivated field operations organization in your market
- Continue the Build of an amazing team. Define hiring needs, and train new team members.
- Manage performance. Track and report critical supply and demand metrics. Use data to optimize processes, creatively solve problems, and track results.
- Share information. Communicate across the organization to ensure timely resolutions, quality control, and process feedback. Synthesize feedback and recommendations to central operations, business, product, and engineering teams.
- Problem solver. Lead urgent projects, prioritize tasks, and overcome obstacles that come your way.
- As an operator in the field, you may be asked to meet with local officials, business owners, and customers as a representative of Lime
- Be a culture carrier. Create a fun, inclusive, and safe workplace.
- 2-4 years in operations management, financial or business analysis, management consulting, or equivalent role.
- Analytical mindset with a strong understanding of real-time marketplaces (supply and demand economics).
- Strong Excel/data management skills.
- SQL proficiency is a big plus.
- Experience solving complex problems, exercising good judgment in decision-making, and navigating ambiguous environments.
- Excellent communicator capable of motivating a team, working across Lime and within a large organization while liaising with external partners as needed.
- Ability to simplify difficult problems into actionable and solvable tasks.
- Data-driven by nature, strong attention to detail, and obsessed with process improvement
- Comfortable learning and adapting to new concepts and using new tools.
- Self-motivated, energetic, and driven individual with the ability to learn new skills and grow with the role.
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in your hometown with the leader in urban mobility solutions.
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with tons of opportunity for growth.
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability.
- Work with a team of fun and motivated individuals.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We want people with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets to join us—not just to do great work, but to build a better, more representative world.