First Ride Academy Safety Instructor: Mopeds, Washington D.C.
Washington, DC, United States
30+ days ago
Lime’s mission is to realize a future for transportation that is shared, electric and carbon-free. As the world’s leading provider of shared electric vehicles, Lime partners with cities to deploy electric bikes, scooters and mopeds to serve any trip under five miles. One of Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential Companies in 2021, Lime has powered more than 250 million rides in more than 200 cities across five continents, spurring a new generation of clean alternatives to car ownership. Learn more at li.me!
We are looking for a First Ride Safety Instructor with a passion for being a safety warrior to teach, inspire, and advocate for riding safely. You will lead recurring sessions to Moped riders on best practices for staying safe. The sessions will exist in two parts: a basic overview of road safety and instruction, followed by practical exercises on a moped. As a Safety Instructor, you will be a role model for participants and an ambassador for Lime.
What You'll Do
- You will lead recurring safety sessions for our riders
- Inspire riders. Build excitement and galvanize riders to become advocates for micromobility options
- Share information. Provide information to local leadership about the number of people who attended, any issues, and suggest areas of improvement
- Communicate to riders and outside stakeholders the future of mobility
- Educate riders on Lime’s low income and accessibility offerings
- Be a culture carrier. Create a fun, inclusive, and safe event
- Experience teaching or instructing
- Able to communicate effectively and comfortable leading small groups
- Technical knowledge of the Lime rider app and how to navigate the app
- Understanding of Lime scooters and comfortable operating them
- Flexible availability as classes may vary in times and dates (available evenings, weekends, and holidays)
- Self-motivated and high energy to inspire excitement about riding Lime
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We want people with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets to join us—not just to do great work, but to build a better, more representative world.
This role will be hired, managed, and compensated through a third-party employer. By submitting information through this posting, the applicant agrees Lime may forward all submitted information to the applicable third-party employer, and the third-party employer may contact the applicant regarding the role.