Sustaining Mechanical Engineer
21 days ago
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has powered 350+ million electric bike and scooter rides in 200+ cities on 5 continents, saving an estimated 75+ million car trips. Learn more about how we help the world #RideGreen at li.me!
Lime is looking for a high-performing Sustaining Mechanical Engineer to help lead and manage asset reliability risks, to reduce maintenance costs of the existing and the future fleet. If you are a detail-oriented engineer with strong analytical skills, who would like to play a critical role in bringing affordable, sustainable, last-mile transportation to customers all around the world, please join us!
What You'll Do
- Work with Lime’s global cross-functional team to define and execute mechanical design projects
- Closely collaborate with Hardware Engineering and Operations Teams to optimize the fleet operation
- Define and reduce losses and maintenance costs in the fleet through reliability prognostics, FMEA and preventive maintenance
- Work closely with repair shops to monitor current state and identify opportunities for improvement
- Develop engineering solutions to decrease the cost of maintenance
- Be involved in the design phase of the new assets to propose and introduce lessons learned for reliability and maintainability
- Use data analysis techniques that include: SPC, Reliability modeling and prediction, Weibull analysis, Root Cause Analysis, and FMEA
- B.S. in Engineering (M.S. preferred)
- Have delivered mechanical design projects in consumer electronics, automotive, aviation or electric vehicle industries
- Have worked in cross-functional, global teams
- Has in-depth understanding of a reliability in the relation to a fleet and cost management
- Has understanding of reliability and maintainability aspects in operating a fleet
- Has basic knowledge about the hardware design and its failure modes
What We Offer
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in cities around the world with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with significant opportunity for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- Work with a team of successful, fun and motivated people
- Competitive salary and benefits
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.