Senior Software Engineer, Backend
30+ days ago
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We are on a mission to build a future of transportation that is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has powered more than 250 million electric bike and scooter rides in more than 200 cities across five continents, saving an estimated 60+ million car trips. Learn more at li.me!
Lime is currently recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer, Backend to join our Engineering team located in Kraków, Poland. As a Senior Software Engineer at Lime, you will build the core technology that powers Lime's global services. You will also craft systems that serve boatloads of requests from our connected vehicles and consumer-facing apps. On a typical day, you will work alongside a group of Engineers, Designers, and Project Managers with experience from top companies.
What You'll Do:
- Develop robust systems that serve both our user-facing apps and our internal tools.
- Pick up new programming languages and frameworks on the fly and help out where needed.
- Closely monitor the performance of all critical parts of our stack and respond to system failures.
- Be diligent about tracking data so that we have a good look into how we can improve our products.
- Work with a talented team of designers, product managers, and operators.
- Dogfood our product and document any bugs or feature requests.
- You have a degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical background.
- 4+ years of industry experience as a software engineer.
- Fluency in at least one web framework, such as Ruby on Rails.
- You have experience working with relational databases.
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in your hometown with the leader in urban mobility solutions.
- A position that offers a variety of career and resume-building experiences with the fastest growing startup.
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with tons of opportunities for growth, play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability.
- Work with a team of fun and motivated individuals.
- Competitive salary, equity options, benefits, and perks.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We want people with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets to join us—not just to do great work, but to build a better, more representative world.