Senior Mechanical Engineer
26 days ago
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has powered 350+ million electric bike and scooter rides in 200+ cities on 5 continents, saving an estimated 75+ million car trips. Learn more about how we help the world #RideGreen at li.me!
Lime is looking for a high-performing Senior Mechanical Engineer to develop the next generation of light-electric vehicles. If you are a detail-oriented engineer with strong analytical skills who would like to play a critical role in bringing affordable, sustainable, last-mile transportation to customers all around the world, please join us!
What You'll Do
- Work cross-functionally to define, design, and execute breakthrough lightweight vehicles.
- Scope the DOEs (design of experiments) necessary for design verification.
- Establish the critical load cases mapped to real-world use scenarios.
- Prioritize and perform design release of components.
- Define and create technical documentation - including GD&T consideration.
- Annual travel ~ 10% (avg) supporting program builds (quarterly peak could be as high as 25% during launch).
- 10+ years of relevant Mechanical Engineering experience.
- Experienced in delivering products to the consumer electronics, automotive, or electric vehicle industries.
- Experience in working with multiple suppliers and managing vendor relationships.
- Demonstrated understanding of a wide variety of manufacturing processes as they relate to low and high-volume production.
- A strong understanding of vehicle systems is preferred.
- Experience with and knowledge of motor controls and/or batteries (Li-ion batteries) preferred.
- Knowledge of automotive industry standards such as SAE, ISO, UL, and GB/T Aptitude.
- Desire to get your hands dirty to facilitate design maturity.
- Excellent communication skills and team-working tendencies.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take ownership of projects.
- A creative curiosity, collaborative ethic, hardworking enthusiasm, and driving personal vision.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
What We Offer
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in cities around the world with the leader in urban mobility solutions.
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with significant opportunity for growth.
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability.
- Work with a team of successful, fun, and motivated people.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.