19 days ago
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We are on a mission to build a future of transportation that is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has powered more than 250 million electric bike and scooter rides in more than 200 cities across five continents, saving an estimated 60+ million car trips. Learn more at li.me!
We are a fast-growing company looking for a Paralegal to provide support to our Legal Director for the Americas and APAC (AAA). In this role, you will support the legal functions to operate effectively including managing the team's administrative tasks including a budget, time reporting, project management & tracking, as well as handling some legal research tasks including commercial contract summaries, legal research, and other matters with the AAA and the wider Americas and APAC business.
The ideal candidate for this position has a proactive mindset with the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities, work with individuals at all levels, approach assignments in unknown areas, and has the aptitude to maintain a high level of confidentiality while utilizing great judgment and discretion.
The successful candidate can be located remotely in Poland. This is a fully remote position with no requirements to enter the office or warehouse. This is a US-support role where you will be required to work the evening shift (2:00 pm-10:00 pm CEST) and might need to travel on an infrequent basis.
What You’ll Do:
- Set agendas, prepare presentations, take minutes, schedule meetings, and note action items.
- Conduct legal research into various topics and produce clear, concise guidance.
- Provide general support to senior members of the legal team including;
- Budget and outside counsel management.
- Maintaining an up-to-date deadline calendar for agency responses, subpoenas, litigation, and other legal investigations.
- Supporting litigation by coordinating internal witness interviews and document/data collection to support litigation and legal investigations.
- Reviewing agency submissions and other legal work products for errors prior to submission.
- Providing other support for litigation as needed, including, but not limited to initiating litigation holds, routing agreements for execution, etc.
- Reviewing complex commercial agreements and creating summaries.
- Helping create and update policies, procedures, and playbooks.
- Project manage and help coordinate cross-functional, multi-regional projects.
- Maintaining, document management, retention procedures, and up-to-date file folders for legal matters.
- Strong academics.
- Experience at a recognised law firm and/or in-house legal environment.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Ability to build positive relationships throughout the business.
- Motivated, efficient, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Able to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, collaborating as a team and working independently.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and manage a varied and busy workload.
- Positive attitude, high level of integrity, and intellectual curiosity: a willingness to learn new skills and take on greater levels of responsibility.
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation with the leader in urban mobility solutions.
- Remote working model.
- Ability to drive direction and make a sizable impact at a rapidly growing global organization.
- Work with a fun, collaborative, and motivated team.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We strive to build a workforce composed of individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets—not just to do great work, but to become a better company and grow as individuals.