Eastern Europe/Middle-East Controller
30+ days ago
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We are on a mission to build a future of transportation that is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has powered more than 250 million electric bike and scooter rides in more than 200 cities across five continents, saving an estimated 60+ million car trips. Learn more at li.me!
Based out of the regional offices in Warsaw, the Controller will be responsible for our accounting operations across Eastern Europe and Middle-East (EEME). You will report to the Global Controller and work side-by-side with the Shared Service Centre (based in Penang, Malaysia), local Operations teams and Regional General Managers.
As we are growing extremely fast, we’re looking for a self-starter who is autonomous, hard-working and structured with excellent attention to detail. Flexibility is a key trait, you are comfortable with the unknown and ready to roll up your sleeves to see ideas, projects and new initiatives through to the end.
What You'll Do:
- Own the financial close and processes for Eastern Europe and Middle-East entities including ensuring timely and accurate statutory and management accounts
- Review and analysis of the regional P&Ls, Balance Sheets and cash flow statements
- Drive the roll-out of the EEME internal control framework in close cooperation with our Internal Audit department
- Optimise processes through streamlining and automation, and with smart, pragmatic solutions for operational and reporting challenges
- Establish and maintain close and effective relationships with internal and external partners
- Long term strategic partnering with local providers and local auditors
- Provide governance and oversight as a statutory director for local entities
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting and / or Business Administration
- Professionally Qualified Financial Accountant
- 8+ years relevant experience with progressing scope and responsibilities
- Expert knowledge of US GAAP and ability to apply these practically. IFRS and any local GAAP is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with internal and external audits as well as building a strong control environment
- Previous experience in relevant regions at a start-up, scale-up or multinational environment is highly preferred
- Proficient with Excel and experience with Netsuite, Coupa and other cloud-based solutions is a plus
- Can easily switch between hands-on operations and strategic thinking
- Fluency in English with one additional Eastern European language would be great
- Bold yet humble. Navigates and communicates effortlessly in a cross-functional and multicultural environment
- Ability to operate at Limespeed: high-tempo, high-energy and high-passion and flexible to collaborate with our US and International offices across multiple time zones
- Relentlessly result-driven without taking shortcuts: integrity above everything
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to revolutionise transportation in cities around the world with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- Hybrid remote working policy
- Scale with a rapidly growing organisation, with significant opportunity for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability.
- Work with a team of successful, fun and motivated people
- Competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and pre-IPO equity
- Wellness rewards and reimbursements
- Company Funded Fertility/Family Forming Benefits
- Unlimited Lime Vehicle use
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We strive to build a workforce composed of individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets—not just to do great work, but to become a better company and grow as individuals.