Product Certification & Compliance Manager
30+ days ago
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We are on a mission to build a future of transportation that is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has powered more than 350 million electric bike and scooter rides in more than 200 cities across five continents, saving an estimated 75+ million car trips. Learn more at li.me!
We are seeking a Product Certification and Compliance Specialist with experience supporting teams that design and manufacture consumer hardware products. This role will report to Legal Counsel in the Global Product, Supply Chain, and Transactions team within the Legal function and will work closely with cross-functional partners in our Hardware, Product, and Engineering teams.
What You'll Do:
- Identify and track applicable technical certifications and regulatory frameworks for Lime’s hardware products across global markets;
- Supervise and manage all certification and regulatory compliance activities for Lime’s hardware products, including third-party testing and documentation management, working in partnership with Lime’s reliability and certification engineers;
- Provide advice to Product and Hardware teams in the concept and design phases of new product development on necessary certification compliance requirements;
- Collaborate with Lime’s Product, Hardware, Operations and Policy teams on product certification and regulatory requirements for Lime’s existing products in new market launches;
- Monitor and advise on regulatory trends and technical standards development in Lime’s global markets to ensure ongoing compliance with evolving product certification and regulatory requirements;
- Assist Lime’s Trust & Safety team in evaluation of reports of potential hardware malfunctions;
- Facilitate business decision making that effectively accounts for technical product regulatory and certification compliance considerations; and
- Anticipate regulatory and certification compliance risk and proactively develop mitigation strategies.
- Have 5+ years relevant product compliance experience working in the technology, hardware, and/or manufacturing sectors, ideally with direct experience in testing and certifications for hardware;
- Have familiarity with hardware safety compliance and other regulatory standards (e.g. IEC, EN, ISO, UL);
- Have a degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or a related field;
- Be comfortable working across technical and business functions and able to communicate clearly and effectively to cross-functional stakeholders;
- Have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, identify and understand issues, and provide rapid turnaround on solutions and next steps; and
- Be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, comfortable with ambiguity, and enjoy working hard and being continually challenged.
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to help revolutionize transportation in cities around the world with the leader in urban mobility solutions;
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with significant opportunity for growth;
- Work with a team of successful, fun, and motivated people;
- Competitive salary and benefits.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We strive to build a workforce composed of individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets—not just to do great work, but to become a better company and grow as individuals.