Senior Manager of Government Relations, Northwest
Seattle, WA, United States
30+ days ago
Lime's mission is to realize a future for transportation that is shared, electric and carbon-free. As the world's leading provider of shared electric vehicles, Lime partners with cities to deploy electric bikes, scooters and mopeds to serve any trip under five miles. One of Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential Companies in 2021, Lime has powered more than 200 million rides in more than 150 cities across five continents, spurring a new generation of clean alternatives to car ownership. Learn more at li.me!
We are hiring a Contract Senior Manager, Government Relations in either Seattle, WA or Portland, OR, to join Lime’s global policy and communications team. In this role, you will make an impact by helping us advance micro-mobility, grow our fleet size across multiple vehicle types, and enter new markets across the region.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in building partnerships with community and government stakeholders, and communicating the values of our service to regulators, the media and other key constituencies. You will also be comfortable working in an environment with evolving goals and have an aptitude to overcome obstacles as they arise and ambition to get things done.
The preferred locations for this position are: Seattle, WA or Portland, OR. We are open to other locations in the Northwest.
What You'll Do
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with government leaders, businesses, non-profits, community organizations, the media and other prospective partners to effectively carry out the government relations strategy.
- In partnership with regional leadership, evaluate, prioritize, and implement strategic paths toward growth in current and future markets across the Northwest Region including Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana and Utah.
- Collaborate with regional Policy and Operations leadership teams to develop and put into place a long-term strategy that is aligned on our priorities while delivering on key metrics for each market.
- Partner with organizations, educational institutions, and similar groups to align Lime's social mission in transportation, health, safety, and the environment.
- Collaborate with the marketing team on field marketing, safety campaigns, and local media activities.
- Act as the face of Lime in the region by participating in media interviews and speaking at public events.
- Analyze and inform regional leadership and company HQ on local regulatory or legislative matters.
- Bachelor’s degree or at least seven (7) years related experience leading or working in government affairs, campaigns, and/or community development in a government-related environment.
- Previous professional experience in transportation and mobility is preferred.
- 2+ years working directly within the Northwest region is preferred (Seattle and Portland ideal).
- Excellent English language communications skills and comfortability speaking in public are required.
- A multi-tasker comfortable working on multiple priorities at once while executing projects in a demanding environment.
- An analytical and strategic mindset with the ability to drive the company toward high-impact initiatives and efficient growth.
- Availability to travel at least 33% of the time depending on business needs.
What We Offer
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in cities around the world with the leader in urban mobility solutions.
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with significant opportunity for growth.
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability.
- Work with a team of successful, fun and motivated people.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
At Lime, we strive to build a workforce composed of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow as a company and as individuals. Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer.