Lead Operations Specialist -Seattle
Seattle, WA, United States
8 days ago
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has powered 350+ million electric bike and scooter rides in 200+ cities on 5 continents, saving an estimated 75+ million car trips. Learn more about how we help the world #RideGreen at li.me!
We are looking for Operations Specialist Lead to maintain our fleet of shared electric scooters. As an Operations Specialist Lead at Lime, you will wear multiple “helmets” to support our daily operations. This role is ideal for mechanically-inclined operations professionals that want to broaden and build their career experiences in a highly flexible position.
What you’ll do:
- Hire, lead, and train a team of Operations Specialist and Senior Operations Specialist while assigning daily tasks as needed and ensuring workflow is efficient and thorough
- Train and onboard new Operations Specialist and Senior Operations Specialist while maintaining a team oriented environment and integrating new members to the team
- Evaluate performance of your team and give performance feedback
- Safely operate a van for approximately 8 hours a day to assist with the deployment and retrieval of Lime electric vehicles within the local market
- Load batteries into cargo vans and swap in/out across different vehicles
- Review and address incoming city requests regarding Lime vehicles as outlined by Lime established service level agreements
- Maintain communication with the OS team including peers, shift lead, and manager
- Review and report any vehicle repair and maintenance needs
- Monitor Lime events to ensure cleanliness and safe usage of our vehicles
- Safely operate a pallet jack and/or push cart on a frequent basis
- Support battery management operations when applicable
- Additional job related tasks as assigned
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid driver license with a good driving record
- 6 months of experience as Operations Specialist/Senior Operations Specialist at Lime or delivery driver or similar external experience; plus 6 months of leadership/coaching experience required
- Ability to lift up to 65lbs / 30kg on a frequent basis required
- Ability to operate a mobile device including having knowledge of in app-based workflows. iOS experience preferred
- Ability to work various shifts including evenings and weekends
- Ability to safely operate a pallet jack and/or push card on a frequent basis
- Ability to read and follow instructions
- Good knowledge of the local geography preferred
- Experienced driving large vans preferred
- Ability to inspire others around you; positive attitude and a collaborative spirit
- Willingness to learn, a great attitude and ability to work well with others - teamwork is key to success!
- Some understanding of workforce management to help staff the team appropriately and ensure each shift has the correct number of employees; and knowledge of google sheet
This is a contracted position that will be hired, managed, and compensated through a third-party employer. By submitting information through this posting, the applicant agrees Lime may forward all submitted information to the applicable third-party employer, and the third-party employer may contact the applicant regarding the role.
The hourly rate for this position is $22.00 - $24.00. This position is not eligible for benefits through Lime as this is a contract position.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.