Fleet Specialist - Sacramento
Sacramento, CA, United States
30+ days ago
Lime's mission is to realize a future for transportation that is shared, electric and carbon-free. As the world's leading provider of shared electric vehicles, Lime partners with cities to deploy electric bikes, scooters and mopeds to serve any trip under five miles. One of Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential Companies in 2021, Lime has powered more than 200 million rides in more than 150 cities across five continents, spurring a new generation of clean alternatives to car ownership. Learn more at li.me
We are looking for service technicians to maintain our fleet of shared electric scooters and able to wear multiple helmets to support our daily operations.
This role is ideal for mechanically-inclined operations professionals that want to broaden and build their career experiences in a highly flexible position.
What You'll Do
- Be responsible for the maintenance of e-scooters in Lime Warehouse
- Perform all the type of repairs from a screw tightening to the most complicated electronic part replacement
- Maximize the number of operational vehicles in the fleet
- Assist with scooter deployment and retrieval
- Operate a van to redistribute products as required
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties and make sure Lime riders are on the safest vehicles
- Problem solve. Will need to spot issues and find creative ways to overcome obstacles that come your way
- Ideally, 2+ years of experience as a service technician in the transportation industry
- Some technical expertise in mechanics and basic knowledge of electricity. No certifications required
- Valid driver license and good Driving Record
- Good knowledge of local area geography and street layout
- Very active. Ability to bend, stoop, and lift up to 40lbs on a frequent basis
- Comfortable learning and adapting to new concepts and using new tools
- Willingness to learn, a great attitude and ability to work well with others - teamwork is key to success!
What We Offer
- Opportunity to help build a startup
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- Work with a team of fun and motivated individuals
- Flexible hours - part-time or full time. Help us fill in our coverage schedule!
We here at Lime strive to build a workforce comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow, not only as a company but also as individuals. Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This role will be hired, managed, and compensated through a third-party employer. By submitting information through this posting, the applicant agrees Lime may forward all submitted information to the applicable third-party employer, and the third-party employer may contact the applicant regarding the role.