General Manager. Italy
30+ days ago
General Manager Italy
Lime's mission is to realise a future for transportation that is shared, electric, and carbon-free. As the world's leading provider of shared electric vehicles, Lime partners with cities to deploy electric bikes, scooters, and mopeds to serve any trip under five miles. One of Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential Companies in 2021, Lime has powered more than 250 million rides in more than 200 cities across five continents, spurring a new generation of clean alternatives to car ownership. Learn more at li.me
We are looking for a General Manager in Italy with a passion for innovation, knack for problem solving, and ability to thrive in ambiguity to create first-class customer experiences. You will be responsible for overall market performance and growth in a strategic and critical role across more than 9 markets in the country.
As general manager, you are creative, big-picture individuals who is accountable for their own P&L and team. This includes not only financial management but also team leadership across departments (including government relations, partnerships, operations and local marketing). This job is located in Rome or Milan and you will report into the RGM Southern Europe.
What You'll Do:
- Be an owner. Build and implement the market growth strategy across multiple departments with the full support of HQ.
- Lead a high performing team spread out across several cities. manage and raise the bar for the existing team, define hiring needs, execute on those needs, and train new team members
- Improve performance . be data driven, track and report ops and financial performance to creatively solve problems & find ways to improve as well as lead by example getting hands-on and operationally driven
- Drive results and expansion for your markets; Forecast and set quarterly goals for your market, while creating an environment of experimentation, analytical thinking and precision to reach those goals.
- Balance growth and profitability and align with global Lime global ops business objectives.
- Share information. Communicate across the organisation to ensure timely resolutions, quality control, and process feedback. Generate feedback and recommendations to central operations, business, product and engineering teams.
- Be the face of Lime. As the leader of your market, you will meet with local officials, business owners and customers as a representative of Lime.
- Be a culture carrier, and create a fun, inclusive, and safe workplace.
- Bilingual Italian/english
- 7+ years combined experience in consulting, business management, or operations, ideally in a startup or similar environment
- Experience as a team manager
- Excellent communicator who is capable of motivating teams, collaborating with diverse groups across a large organisation, and liaising with external partners as needed
- A great understanding of real-time marketplaces within an analytical mindset (supply and demand economics)
- Entrepreneurship mentality : you will be empowered to make decisions and made accountable for the results.
- Experience navigating ambiguous environments solving complex problems while exercising good judgement
- Ability to simplify difficult problems into solvable tasks that can be acted upon
- A data-driven nature, and attention to detail that drive your love of process improvement
- Comfortable learning and adapting to new concepts and using new tools
- Self-motivated, energetic, and driven with the ability to learn new skills that will enable you to grow with the role
- B.A/B.S or equivalent required; MBA preferred
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to revolutionise transportation in cities around the world with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- Hybrid remote working policy
- Scale with a rapidly growing organisation, with significant opportunity for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- Work with a team of successful, fun and motivated people
- Competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and pre-IPO equity
- Wellness rewards and reimbursements
- Company Funded Fertility/Family Forming Benefits
- Unlimited Lime Vehicle use
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We want people with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets to join us—not just to do great work, but to build a better, more representative world.