Technical Accounting Manager
30+ days ago
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We are on a mission to build a future of transportation that is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has powered more than 250 million electric bike and scooter rides in more than 200 cities across five continents, saving an estimated 60+ million car trips. Learn more at li.me!
As Lime continues to scale our Accounting team is looking to add a Technical Accounting Manager to the team. Reporting to the Director of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting this role will make a significant impact within the Accounting team.
The preferred locations for this position are Central and Eastern time zones.
What You'll Do:
- Analyze and document technical accounting issues, including new accounting pronouncements, significant transactions
- Lead technical assessment of accounting for new products, operational changes, or other strategic initiatives
- Conduct equity accounting, including stock-based compensation and other financing transactions
- Prepare financial statements, including supporting disclosures, and coordination of audits
- Establish and maintain effective internal controls over financial reporting
- Primary accounting user for key financial tools, including current and legacy systems
- Support the global accounting close process
- Provide guidance and reviewing work of other accountants as needed
- Ad hoc projects as assigned
- 5 – 10 years of progressive accounting experience, both in a senior level role with Big 4 and private industry experience strongly preferred
- Broad expertise in US GAAP and ability to apply those concepts practically; IFRS is a plus
- Hands-on experience with complex technical accounting issues, including expertise around revenue recognition, lease accounting (ASC 842), business combinations, multi-currency accounting, equity and other financial instruments
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Excel is required
- Experience with NetSuite, Coupa, Wdesk (Workiva), and other cloud-based solutions is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to switch between hands-on operations and strategic thinking
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in cities around the world with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with significant opportunity for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- Work with a team of successful, fun and motivated people
- Competitive salary and benefits
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We want people with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets to join us—not just to do great work, but to build a better, more representative world.
In accordance with Colorado State Law, if the candidate selected for this job resides in Colorado, the anticipated minimum salary will be $83,000 plus bonus and equity (when eligible), as well as benefits. Exact salary will ultimately depend on the candidate’s qualifications. In addition to base salary, this role will be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of management discretion and employee performance.