Software Engineer, Rider Backend (Remote)
13 days ago
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We are on a mission to build a future of transportation that is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has powered more than 250 million electric bike and scooter rides in more than 200 cities across five continents, saving an estimated 60+ million car trips. Learn more at li.me!
We are looking for a strong Senior Engineer on our Rider backend team to participate in getting our rider experiences to the next level.
Rider experience is the heart of Lime’s business. Rider backend is responsible for serving all of Lime’s riders from signup to being power users and everything in between. You’ll work on 0-1 initiatives. You’ll also re-architect 1-100 projects to revamp our rider experiences. The best part? You’ll be able to showcase what you built with your own hands to your friends and family in real life.
What You'll Do:
- Identify, define, and solve strategically essential consumer-facing rider problems, including architecting and building highly scalable foundational product platforms, leading new product initiatives, and revamping core rider experiences.
- Scrutinize and reason clearly about the technology and architecture choices we make. In many cases, you will be the decider of these decisions.
- Lead the cross-functional collaboration with PMs, Engineers, Design, Data Scientists, Research, and Operations teams.
- Mentor and support other engineers on the team. Identify and develop future leaders.
- Advise Lime’s leadership team on key technology adoption and process improvements.
- 4+ years of industry professional software development experience, and a track record of building impactful products or systems.
- Customer obsessed. You put customers first.
- Data driven. You have a strong data insight and rely on data to make decisions.
- Owner’s mindset. You're a self-starter and get things across the finish line.
- Outcomes oriented. You focus on impact.
- Strong influencer. You motivate and empower your team to go above and beyond.
- Strong collaborator. You understand cross-functional strategies and involve key stakeholders in decision making.
- Passionate. You’re passionate about Lime's mission and micromobility; you want to see cities transform to becoming people-centric and less polluted.
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in cities around the world with the leader in urban mobility solutions.
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with significant opportunity for growth.
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability.
- Work with a team of successful, fun and motivated people.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
In accordance with Colorado State Law, if the candidate selected for this job resides in Colorado, the anticipated minimum salary will be $105,000,plus bonus and equity (when eligible), as well as benefits. Exact salary will ultimately depend on the candidate’s qualifications. In addition to base salary, this role will be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of management discretion and employee performance.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We strive to build a workforce composed of individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets—not just to do great work, but to become a better company and grow as individuals.