Software Engineer, Payments & Fraud (Remote)
17 days ago
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We are on a mission to build a future of transportation that is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has powered more than 250 million electric bike and scooter rides in more than 200 cities across five continents, saving an estimated 60+ million car trips. Learn more at li.me!
We are looking for a strong senior software engineer to join our fast-growing team and contribute to two critical areas at Lime: Payments and Fraud.
On the payments side, Lime’s global presence makes payments a big challenge to tackle - our riders transact in more than 20 countries across multiple payment methods on five continents. This team focuses on building Lime’s Payments platform, driving down transaction costs, improving authorization rates, and expanding local payments integrations.
On the fraud side, Lime’s micromobility platform relies on the trust of our consumers. That's why we are always on the lookout for fraud among users trying to misuse our systems, which affects the community at large. This team is building a real-time risk engine that leverages heuristic rules and machine learning to evaluate every transaction, provides the foundational infrastructure for us to make accurate decisions in real-time, and ultimately drives a strong bottom line for Lime.
Remote Friendly (US & Canada only). Preference will be given to candidates who live in U.S. cities where Lime operates.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with other leaders (PM, DS, Operation, Finance, Legal, etc.) across the company to solve complex, technical, and interdependent payment and fraud problems that directly affect Lime’s top and bottom line.
- Develop robust and extensible engineering platforms that can reliably serve millions of transactions at Lime
- Build ML systems to optimize payment performance and improve risk management.
- Be diligent about tracking and analyzing data to initiate data-backed proposals and make data-driven decisions.
- Contribute to shaping overall engineering culture at the company.
- Help scale the team by coaching and developing other engineers, attracting and retaining world-class talent.
- Have 4+ years of professional software development experience, and a track record of building impactful products or systems.
- Owner’s mindset with strong execution. Have the passion and drive to apply engineering, machine learning and statistical skills to solving complex business problems.
- Technical proficiency to understand and contribute to the design and implementation of projects and ideas.
- Experience in partnering with other leads from engineering, product, operations and compliance to craft roadmaps and measures of success.
- Excellent communication and effective prioritization skills in working with competing priorities.
- (Preferred) Have domain expertise in the payments, anti-abuse or fraud detection space.
- (Preferred) Have strong analytical skills and can extract critical information from analyzing transaction data and user patterns.
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in cities around the world with the leader in urban mobility solutions.
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with significant opportunity for growth.
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability.
- Work with a team of successful, fun and motivated people.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
In accordance with Colorado State Law, if the candidate selected for this job resides in Colorado, the anticipated minimum salary will be $105,000,plus bonus and equity (when eligible), as well as benefits. Exact salary will ultimately depend on the candidate’s qualifications. In addition to base salary, this role will be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of management discretion and employee performance.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We strive to build a workforce composed of individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets—not just to do great work, but to become a better company and grow as individuals.