Software Engineer, Data (Remote)
16 days ago
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We are on a mission to build a future of transportation that is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has powered more than 250 million electric bike and scooter rides in more than 200 cities across five continents, saving an estimated 60+ million car trips. Learn more at li.me!
Data touches everything we do here, from optimizing the efficiency of our warehouse operations to powering our demand forecasting models. As a Data Engineer, you'll build the infrastructure that enables data to flow reliably through our systems.
Remote Friendly. You can work close to where you love to live and still be a key part of Lime (US & Canada only)
What you'll do
- Design and implement our data models for optimal storage and performant retrieval to meet critical product and business requirements
- Own at least one data content area and build data pipelines for analytical and algorithm needs
- Ensure all data systems i.e. our central data warehouse, data lake, ETL, and realtime processing uptime satisfy business requirements
- Democratize data within the organization by formulating and enforcing best practices across teams
- Embrace your role as a founding member of our data infrastructure team
- 1+ year relevant industry experience
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent areas
- Experience working with big data technologies e.g Snowflake, Airflow, Kinesis, Kafka, Spark, Flink
- Knowledge of / or experience with large-scale data warehousing architecture and data modeling
- Working knowledge of relational databases (SQL)
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze large data sets to identify gaps and inconsistencies in ETL pipeline and provide solutions for pipeline reliability and data quality
What we offer:
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in cities around the world with the leader in urban mobility solutions.
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with significant opportunity for growth.
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability.
- Work with a team of successful, fun and motivated people.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
In accordance with Colorado State Law, if the candidate selected for this job resides in Colorado, the anticipated minimum salary will be $108,000,plus bonus and equity (when eligible), as well as benefits. Exact salary will ultimately depend on the candidate’s qualifications. In addition to base salary, this role will be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of management discretion and employee performance.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We strive to build a workforce composed of individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets—not just to do great work, but to become a better company and grow as individuals.