Senior Data Scientist, City Success (Remote)
7 days ago
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We are on a mission to build a future of transportation that is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has powered more than 350 million electric bike and scooter rides in more than 200 cities across five continents, saving an estimated 75+ million car trips. Learn more at li.me!
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our growing team as we enter a new phase of expansion. The data science and analytics (DS&A) team’s mission is to make Lime sustainable and more valuable, by identifying and steering the business towards opportunities, guiding the organization to make the best possible decisions, and enabling effective implementation and operations.
In this role, you will work with product, engineering, and business organization teams (such as government relations and city success teams) to address challenges and opportunities across the company, and support planning the long-term direction for Lime. You’ll set up end-to-end analytical capabilities (pipelines, instrumentation, measurement, and modeling as required) that will feed our data-driven decision-making on which levers to pull according to the business needs.
Key strengths of this role include curiosity, motivation, and technical abilities to operate independently and cross functionally in a fast-paced environment.
What You'll Do:
- Define metrics and build data pipelines that make data insights accessible to all
- Understand performance and key drivers of performance to provide ongoing deep dives that help stakeholders understand and predict business performance
- Manage strategic and cross-functional initiatives both on an on-going and ad-hoc basis
- Make business recommendations using effective presentation skills, conveying findings at multiple levels including executive leadership, managers, and peers through visual displays of quantitative information
- Utilize excellent communication skills to work cross-functionally with business leaders, Operations, and Product teams in order to identify opportunities, design, and assess improvements to our business
- Conduct non-routine analyses, including data gathering, processing, analysis employing advanced statistical and machine learning methods, with ongoing deliverables to improve the quality of Insights
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g. engineering, sciences, math, statistics, business, public policy or economics).
- 4+ years of experience in working with datasets and conducting data analysis using SQL.
- Hands-on experience with data pipelines and visualization tools.
- Hands-on experience with experiment design, A/B testing, and causal analysis is a must.
- Ability to work with autonomy in a fast-paced environment, a strong sense of accountability, and attention to detail
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in cities around the world with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with significant opportunity for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- Work with a team of successful, fun and motivated people
- Competitive salary and benefits
In accordance with Colorado State Law, if the candidate selected for this job resides in Colorado, the anticipated minimum salary will be $132,000.00, plus bonus and equity (when eligible), as well as benefits. Exact salary will ultimately depend on the candidate’s qualifications. In addition to base salary, this role will be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of management discretion and employee performance.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We strive to build a workforce composed of individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets—not just to do great work, but to become a better company and grow as individuals.