Manager, Transportation Equity and Accessibility Policy (Remote)
4 days ago
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We are on a mission to build a future of transportation that is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has powered more than 350 million electric bike and scooter rides in more than 200 cities across five continents, saving an estimated 75+ million car trips. Learn more at li.me!
Lime is dedicated to advancing mobility justice and helping to address the challenge of providing mobility for all. To spearhead this work, Lime is seeking an innovative and committed leader to serve as our Manager, Transportation Equity and Accessibility Policy.
Reporting to the Global Head of Policy, you will be entrusted with articulating our equity and accessibility policy goals and positions both internally and externally. You will produce both internal and external-facing materials such as policy position papers and talking points, white papers and reports in partnership with Brand, Communications and Policy Research teams . You will amplify key outcomes of your work amongst many audiences: industry conferences, government agencies, the media, and other events.
You will partner with our Government Relations teams around the world to adapt our global positions to local markets and communities, empowering local teams to advance Lime’s equity and accessibility goals. You will partner with our Social Impact team to envision scalable equity and accessibility programming and synchronize our existing programming with new, data-driven ideas and best practices. You will also establish strategic partnerships with transportation justice organizations to amplify and validate Lime’s positions.
What you'll do:
- Policy guidance.
- Expand and enhance Lime’s equity and accessibility goals.
- Develop best practices and written materials, such as position papers, talking points, presentations, articles, testimony, etc. to empower local teams to advance Lime’s equity and accessibility goals
Research and analysis.
- Collaborate with our Policy Research Team, external and internal researchers, and internal and external practitioners to analyze trends and opportunities to amplify Lime’s thought leadership on transportation equity through white papers, research study etc.
Outreach and communications.
- Write external and internal facing documents, including presentations before government bodies, responses to Requests for Proposals and tenders, articles, talking points, op-eds, and speeches.
- Communicate Lime’s positions on transportation equity and accessibility at presentations, webinars, and conferences.
- Conduct outreach and manage strategic partnerships with community advocates, government, universities and private sector representatives to build a stronger coalition to advance mobility justice
- Commitment to pursuing equitable and equal access to transportation
- 3+ years of experience in a role involving community outreach, campaigning, public engagement and/or community organizing serving diverse, underserved, populations, and/or with social service, transportation and community advocacy organizations.
- Strong knowledge of transportation programs and projects preferred
- Experience briefing and making recommendations to senior management, elected officials and representatives of other public agencies
- Excellent English writing and verbal communication skills that is effective and persuasive with a wide diversity of people; ability to serve as spokesperson for Lime’s positions; superior writing skills
- Strategic, creative thinker, with eagerness to solve problems and think long-term
- Good judgment and demonstrated ability to handle sensitive issues with diplomacy and poise, and the ability to gain confidence of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in project management to identify and initiate new projects and drive collaboration to successfully advance Lime’s programs
- Ability to form strategic partnerships both internally and externally.
- Bachelor's degree in Sociology, Psychology, Cultural Anthropology, Human Services, Communication, Community and Transportation Planning, or related field (or a combination of education and/or training and/or experience which provides equivalent background sufficient to perform the position duties)
In accordance with Colorado State Law, if the candidate selected for this job resides in Colorado, the anticipated minimum salary will be $77,000 plus bonus and equity (when eligible), as well as benefits. The exact salary will ultimately depend on the candidate’s qualifications. In addition to base salary, this role will be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of management discretion and employee performance.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We strive to build a workforce composed of individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets—not just to do great work, but to become a better company and grow as individuals.