Legal Counsel, Americas and APAC
18 days ago
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has powered 350+ million electric bike and scooter rides in 200+ cities on 5 continents, saving an estimated 75+ million car trips. Learn more about how we help the world #RideGreen at li.me!
We are looking for an outstanding general lawyer to join our fast-growing team as Counsel providing support to operations in the US-West region. You will advise on a range of legal issues at one of the fastest growing startups in history. This position will allow you the opportunity to develop as an in-house lawyer achieving growth in seniority, scope, and expertise. A strong candidate for this role can operate across multiple subject-matter areas, is quick to adapt, has an ability to develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders, and is not afraid to work on new and novel ideas.
What you'll do:
- Serve as the main legal advisor and strategic partner across the US-West region, developing strong trusted relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Review, draft, and negotiate municipal operating permits, MOUs, and contracts
- Serve as a strategic partner to, and problem solver alongside, multiple teams including Government Relations and Operations to provide day-to-day support and triage issues affecting Lime’s local market operations
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the business you support including building strong relationships with internal stakeholders while proactively identifying opportunities for Legal to help clients meet business goals
- Review, interpret, draft, revise, and negotiate commercial contracts, including data licensing agreements, marketing and promotional agreements, and services agreements
- Review products and initiatives to advise business partners on a range of laws, regulations, and industry best practices, with a focus on privacy, data use and security, consumer protection, content/media and product liability
- Research novel legal issues providing strategic business-minded recommendations to stakeholders
- Manage outside counsel relationships as necessary
- JD/Law degree and admission to practice law in at least one US state
- 5+ years experience in a top tier law firm or blue chip corporate in-house legal environment.
- Corporate/M&A/commercial contracts experience; ideally some consumer/ regulatory or litigation experience as well.
- Ability to manage a diverse and complex workload while identifying correct internal and external partners to achieve business objectives
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure with diligence, organization, and minimal supervision providing practical, business-friendly advice to clients
- Strong analytical and strategic skills; ability to drive issues to a quick resolution that factors in many non-legal variables, such as brand-risk, communications, government relations, tax, insurance, finance and other business units
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to build the processes and systems to prevent them from occurring
What we offer:
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- Ability to drive direction and make sizable impact at a rapidly growing global organization
- Work with a fun, collaborative, and motivated team
- Competitive salary and benefits
The anticipated salary range for this position is $122,000.00 - $203,000.00. Equity and benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, depending on the position offered. Not all candidates will be eligible for the upper end of the salary range. Exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidate's skills, experience and other qualifications as well as the candidate's location of residence. In addition to base salary, some roles may be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of company performance, employee performance, and management discretion.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.