Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
We are seeking a Head of Total Rewards to join our People team. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, you will be responsible for leading strategy, design, and development of our global compensation and benefit programs; ensuring we continue to attract, motivate and retain top talent through competitive compensation and benefit programs. This highly visible role will be a key member of the People Leadership team and the broader organization.
You will design scalable processes and workflows that drive Lime’s current and future global reward strategies and programs; creating and implementing all things compensation and benefits, including hourly and base pay, incentive bonus plans, equity-based programs and an evolving global benefits program that will maintain our company culture.
You will help us navigate trends such as pay rates for hourly and exempt workers, linking total rewards to both internal and external benchmarks by level, function, and geography while reinforcing our high performance culture.
What you'll do:
- Develop and create a thoughtful and robust Total Rewards strategy, working cross functionally with global leaders, key partners, and with the Total Rewards team; driving Lime’s business objectives that support, reward, and recognize talent globally.
- Work cross functionally to develop and execute a comprehensive communication strategy for compensation and benefit programs; identifying opportunities to better enable the company to improve employee engagement.
- Design and deliver consistent, compelling training and communication programs around Lime’s total rewards philosophy that are easily translatable across all levels of stakeholders from the C-Suite to entry level.
- Drive successful design, implementation, and communication of reward programs, such as salary/promotion reviews, equity and bonus programs, and executive compensation reviews that drive performance and ensure pay equity across all demographics.
- Build, lead and develop a successful team to support our business as we scale; championing and role modeling our values while developing high performing team members.
- Prepare and present forecasts, analyses, materials, and recommendations on compensation programs to senior leadership.
- Lead the annual benefits renewal and open global enrollment cycles including market analysis, plan design, cost modeling, stakeholder management, communication and system configuration.
- Continuously optimize compensation and benefit programs that are aligned to Lime's values, and provide flexibility and local customization to account for cultural, market, and geographical differences.
- Benchmark activities across all areas of rewards to elevate our understanding of our compensation competitiveness globally, and evolve it over time to meet the changing landscape of Total Rewards.
- Forecast and propose a long-term compensation and equity roadmap that is competitive in the marketplace while keeping in mind our equity pool.
- Build out dashboards to provide visibility on pay parity and progression metrics to support our efforts for a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce.
- 10+ years of Total Rewards experience in scaled and progressive leadership roles, with comprehensive responsibilities; including 4+ years in the development and oversight of compensation and benefits programs within private and public companies.
- Strong team leader that possesses deep market expertise and robust experience building and running high-impact total rewards solutions that motivate and retain employees, prioritize business objectives, and drive strategic plans forward.
- Demonstrated experience working across matrixed organizations that require high levels of influence, relationship-building and agility to secure the necessary support for Total Rewards initiatives.
- Successful track record of building and leading teams and have experience partnering with cross functional business leaders, C-Suite executives and members of the Board of Directors.
- Demonstrated track record of attracting top talent, people development and leading a successful Total Rewards team.
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills with the ability to summarize complex matters in a clear, concise style.
- Highly skilled in change management with the ability to influence stakeholders with competing priorities and differences of opinion towards a common goal and solution, enabling decision-making.
- Advanced excel skills with ability to perform detailed calculations, modeling and analysis using data in building total rewards plans reconciled with budgets and forecasts.
- Familiarity with HRIS, salary surveys, Radford data for benchmarking, external vendors, and other global compensation and benefit providers and tools.
- Demonstrated success working in fast-paced, high-growth global company(s) of multiple stages and sizes.
- Roll up your sleeves mentality; this is a leadership position but, at times, you will be involved in individual contributor work.
- Bachelor's Degree required with a strong preference for an advanced degree and certification in the field of compensation and benefits.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $173,000.00 - $292,000.00. Equity and benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, depending on the position offered. Not all candidates will be eligible for the upper end of the salary range. Exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidate's skills, experience and other qualifications as well as the candidate's location of residence. In addition to base salary, some roles may be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of company performance, employee performance, and management discretion.
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.