Firmware Engineer (Remote)
17 days ago
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We are on a mission to build a future of transportation that is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has powered more than 250 million electric bike and scooter rides in more than 200 cities across five continents, saving an estimated 60+ million car trips. Learn more at li.me!
As a Senior Firmware Engineer at Lime, you’ll build the core techniques and systems that power Lime’s global services. You’ll build the software systems for operating various Lime vehicles including scooters and bikes. You’ll also closely work with backend engineering teams, the product team, the data team, and other business organizations together to enable new features and address new challenges for providing better services and experiences to Lime riders and operation teams.
What You'll Do:
- Design and develop firmware for Lime’s mega-fleet of connected vehicles
- Collaborate with diverse teams from across the organization, including remote hardware and software development team
- Develop firmware installation and QC processes for new products
- Tune system performance and verify operational efficiencies
- 5+ years of firmware development experience
- Fluent with C/C++ and Linux + ARM based embedded system
- Fluent with TCP/IP; Experience with MQTT and other IOT protocols is a plus
- Experience with CAN / UART / IC2 / SPI and other communication protocols
- Experience with Firmware Over the Air Process
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience with on-device camera programming and AI inference is a plus
- Experience with Qualcomm MDM9X07 is a plus
- Experience with FreeRTOS is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication in Mandarin is a plus
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in cities around the world with the leader in urban mobility solutions.
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with significant opportunity for growth.
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability.
- Work with a team of successful, fun and motivated people.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
In accordance with Colorado State Law, if the candidate selected for this job resides in Colorado, the anticipated minimum salary will be $105,000,plus bonus and equity (when eligible), as well as benefits. Exact salary will ultimately depend on the candidate’s qualifications. In addition to base salary, this role will be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of management discretion and employee performance.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We strive to build a workforce composed of individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets—not just to do great work, but to become a better company and grow as individuals.