This job vacancy is no longer available. To browse available jobs click here.
Engineering Manager, Data
30+ days ago
Lime's mission is to realise a future for transportation that is shared, electric and carbon-free. As the world's leading provider of shared electric vehicles, Lime partners with cities to deploy electric bikes, scooters and mopeds to serve any trip under five miles. One of Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential Companies in 2021, Lime has powered more than 250 million rides in more than 200 cities across five continents, spurring a new generation of clean alternatives to car ownership. Learn more at li.me!
Data touches everything we do here, from optimizing the efficiency of our warehouse operations to powering our demand forecasting models. As a Data Engineering Manager, you'll build the infrastructure that enables data to flow reliably through our systems.
Remote Friendly. You can work close to where you love to live and still be a key part of Lime (US & Canada only)
What You Will Do
- Lead a high performing team of engineers across data infrastructure, data pipeline development, data warehouse and software development
- Work across multiple teams in high visibility roles and own the solution end-to-end
- Work cross functionally with product, engineering, data science, operations etc. to understand data needs
- Design, build and launch extremely efficient & reliable data pipelines to move data (both large and small amounts) to our Data Warehouse
- Design and implement our data models for optimal storage and performant retrieval to meet critical product and business requirements
- Design and develop new systems and tools to enable faster data consumption
- Ensure high uptime for all data systems (e.g. our central data warehouse, data lake, ETL, and realtime processing)
- Democratize data within the organization by formulating and enforcing best practices across teams
- Scale up our data infrastructure to meet business needs
- Build framework for auditing, error logging & master data management for your pipelines
- Work cross functionally with product, business and finance teams
- Scale the data engineering team at Lime by hiring and retaining quality talent
- You will be working with Airflow, Python, Fivetran, Kinesis, git and Tableau, and we welcome new ideas.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent areas
- 10+years of industry experience
- 5+ years of experience scaling and managing 5-10 person team
- Experience mentoring and managing other Data Engineers, ensuring data engineering best practices are being followed
- Experience with initiating and driving projects
- Data architecture experience.
- Experience with large-scale data warehousing architecture and data modeling
- Worked with Cloud-based architecture such as AWS or Google Cloud
- Experience working with big data technologies e.g Snowflake, Redshift, Airflow, Kinesis, Kafka, Spark, Flink is a plus
- Working knowledge of relational databases
- Expert in SQL and high-level languages such as Python, Java or Scala
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze large data sets to identify gaps and inconsistencies in ETL pipeline and provide solutions for pipeline reliability and data quality
- Experience leading data driven discussions & designing scalable data platforms for analytics and data products
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex technology solutions to senior leadership, gain alignment, and drive progress
- Proven track record of leading and scaling data teams, strong operational skills to drive efficiency and speed, strong project management leadership, and a strong vision for how data can proactively improve companies
At Lime, we strive to build a workforce composed of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow as a company and as individuals. Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job cannot be performed within Colorado.