This job vacancy is no longer available. To browse available jobs click here.
Director, SOX Compliance
30+ days ago
Lime is adding a Director, SOX Compliance to join our growing Accounting team as the company continues to scale! We are looking for a hands-on highly effective SOX Leader who has the ability to drive change and has a passion and proven track record for success. The ideal candidate for this position will have expertise in financial and business process control design, leading SOX risk assessments and readiness, and managing timely performance of controls to stand up and own SOX Compliance.
In this role, you will report directly into the Chief Accounting Officer and will partner closely with Accounting, FP&A, Tax, Treasury, Engineering and IT Security, Operations, Legal and Risk teams to stand up the SOX Compliance program and drive cross-functional process/control improvement initiatives to support Lime's rapid growth.
We are a remote first company and are accepting applications for this position within the central and eastern time zones within the United State.
What You'll Do:
- Lead and stand-up Lime’s SOX Compliance framework, drive SOX 404 financial statement mapping, risk assessment and scoping process by identifying significant and critical processes and key controls, ensure adequate scope, documentation, training of control owners, and testing
- Develop the annual audit plan and schedule using a risk-based approach to ensure adequate controls over financial reportingEnsure adequate and appropriateness of internal control documentation for financial processes, IT applications and ITGC's, planning documents, narratives, process maps, key controls and key reports, walkthroughs, and tests of controls
- Oversee SOX compliance audit, including the scoping, testing and documentation of the results and remediation plans
- Responsible for educating, training, and monitoring functional teams for SOX compliance to outlined processes, and ensure that all key controls/objectives are understood and being performed satisfactorily Go-to person for internal controls expertise within the organization and provides reliable and insightful resource for implementing controls within a business process in an efficient and effective manner
- Communicate identified findings and propose recommendations and remediation plans to management and the Audit Committee; track the remediation and ensure closure of findings
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with the management teams of all major functional areas as well as external auditor, ensuring a holistic understanding of key risks and processes of the organization
- Proactively advise management on key risk areas and drive remediation plans balancing risk mitigation with pragmatic and efficient processes to support the business
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- Big 4/public accounting/management consulting experience is preferred
- CIA, CPA or other relevant professional certification highly desired
- A deep understanding of U.S. GAAP, COSO framework, Sarbanes Oxley Act, and PCAOB auditing standards, and experience using auditing and assessment frameworks and the application of the related professional standards
- 12+ years of Sarbanes-Oxley audit experience
- Demonstrated experience managing global audits within a complex operational and regulatory environment
- Ability to influence, interact and partner effectively with cross-functional and remote teams at all levels of management and geographies
- Advanced understanding of financial and business processes and the risks surrounding those processes
- Strong understanding of IT risks and controls and their overall impact to the financial control environment
- Manage the execution of all phases of the SOX 404 Compliance program, ensuring timely delivery and quality work, including managing program status, prioritization dashboards and reporting
- Excellent organizational, communication (written and oral presentations) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to bring structure, understanding and clarity from an internal control perspective
- Ability to comfortably lead discussions around internal control matters with leadership and external auditors
- Strong documentation and project management skills and experience
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and competing priorities
- Experience managing a team that is a mix of professional staff and third-party consultants
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in cities around the world with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with significant opportunity for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- Work with a team of successful, fun and motivated people
- Competitive salary and benefits
Lime's mission is to realize a future for transportation that is shared, electric and carbon-free. As the world's leading provider of shared electric vehicles, Lime partners with cities to deploy electric bikes, scooters and mopeds to serve any trip under five miles. One of Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential Companies in 2021, Lime has powered more than 250 million rides in more than 200 cities across five continents, spurring a new generation of clean alternatives to car ownership. Learn more atli.me
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We want people with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets to join us—not just to do great work, but to build a better, more representative world.
This job cannot be performed within Colorado