Director, Business Development
19 days ago
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has powered 350+ million electric bike and scooter rides in 200+ cities on 5 continents, saving an estimated 75+ million car trips. Learn more about how we help the world #RideGreen at li.me!
We are looking for a Director, Business Development to help identify, negotiate and manage the partnerships that will help to accelerate our global objectives. As one of the founding members of our Business Development team, you will develop a business strategy and work with diverse teams to close and execute successful deals across Operations, Product, Finance and Marketing.
What you'll do:
- Drive and identify global partnership strategy across key Business Development verticals and negotiate deals end-to-end
- Identify specific partners to engage and effectively communicate the specific value proposition for the partner’s business and use case
- Develop end-to-end new revenue streams to accelerate Lime’s top-line growth
- Assess the viability of new ideas with an outside-in perspective as well as through testing with partners
- Be customer obsessed and develop long-term global partnerships
- Build strong senior executive relationships with key partners
- Collaborate with Operations, Marketing, Finance and Product to ensure successful development and execution of partnerships
- Create playbooks and pitch materials to empower Lime international teams and local operations to efficiently scale partnerships across key Business Development verticals
- Partner with Legal to support internal stakeholder deal making needs
- Develop, coach and nurture other team members. This includes learning and developing employees’ strengths and skills as well as providing timely feedback and recognition.
- 12+ years of relevant business development experience
- 5+ years of experience leading a team of professionals including assessing, mentoring, training, and motivating them.
- Experience in mobility or consumer tech business development preferred
- Experience working in a startup culture
- Ability to combine business, strategy, finance and legal concepts to drive complex, multi-faceted deals
- Proven dealmaker and strategic thinker with an ability to execute in an evolving, ambiguous, and dynamic environment
- Experience in building business case for new ideas (e.g. market sizing, competition assessment, margin quantification, go-to-market strategy, etc.)
- Great experience working with in-market Operations and collaborating with cross-functional teams (Marketing, Legal, Finance and Product)
- Expertise in stakeholder management
- Outstanding problem solver: creative, solution-oriented, adaptable
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills; effective at delivering executive level presentations
What we offer:
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in cities around the world with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with significant opportunity for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- Work with a team of successful, fun and motivated people
- Competitive salary and benefits
The anticipated salary range for this position is $147,000.00 - $248,000.00. Equity and benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, depending on the position offered. Not all candidates will be eligible for the upper end of the salary range. Exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidate's skills, experience and other qualifications as well as the candidate's location of residence. In addition to base salary, some roles may be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of company performance, employee performance, and management discretion.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.