Backend Software Engineer (Fulfillment Team) (Remote)
23 days ago
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We are on a mission to build a future of transportation that is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has powered more than 250 million electric bike and scooter rides in more than 200 cities across five continents, saving an estimated 60+ million car trips. Learn more at li.me!
As a backend Software Engineer at Lime, you'll build the core technology that powers Lime's global services. You’ll craft systems that serve boatloads of requests from our connected vehicles and consumer-facing apps. On a typical day, you’ll be working alongside a group of engineers, designers, and PMs with experience from top companies.
The Fulfillment team builds the state-of-the-art algorithm that delivers the vehicles to the right place at the right time based on our demand. Imagine how you can help optimize the traveling salesman’s problem in real life? Your work will profoundly impact customer’s satisfaction, Lime’s gross revenue, and long term success of the business.
What You'll do
- Design and develop robust distributed systems that serve Lime’s supply positioning, routing and planning logic.
- Closely monitor the performance of all critical parts of our stack, identify pain points of the system and solve potential system failures.
- Analyze and improve availability, efficiency and reliability of the system.
- Collaborate with ML engineers on demand forecasting, supply forecasting, ETA estimation and parking recommendations through data engineering.
- You have a degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical background
- 4+ years of industry experience as a software engineer
- Strong and resilient problem solving skills in a startup company settings
- Fluency in at least one of the following programming languages, such as Golang, Ruby on Rails, or Python
- Experience in building production distributed system
- Background in data analytics, pipeline and machine learning knowledge is a plus.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in cities around the world with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with significant opportunity for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- Work with a team of successful, fun and motivated people
- Competitive salary and benefits
In accordance with Colorado State Law, if the candidate selected for this job resides in Colorado, the anticipated minimum salary will be $105,000,plus bonus and equity (when eligible), as well as benefits. Exact salary will ultimately depend on the candidate’s qualifications. In addition to base salary, this role will be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of management discretion and employee performance.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We strive to build a workforce composed of individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets—not just to do great work, but to become a better company and grow as individuals.