Android Software Engineer (Remote)
19 days ago
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We are on a mission to build a future of transportation that is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has powered more than 250 million electric bike and scooter rides in more than 200 cities across five continents, saving an estimated 60+ million car trips. Learn more at li.me!
As an Android engineer at Lime, you will take charge of core development efforts for our consumer-facing Android app. We're launching our service quickly across the world, and you will be responsible for making sure our app is beautiful, easy-to-use, and can scale to millions of happy users. You’ll be working alongside a group of full-stack engineers, designers, and PMs with experience building consumer apps at companies like Google, Facebook, Twitter, Uber, and Square.
Remote Friendly. You can work close to where you love to live and still be a key part of Lime (US & Canada only)
What You'll Do:
- Identify, define, and solve strategically essential consumer-facing rider problems, including architecting and building highly scalable foundational product platforms, leading new product initiatives, and optimizing the core rider experience funnels, etc.
- Scrutinize and reason clearly about the technology and architecture choices we make to build a world class app
- Ensure high code quality and maintainability with proper unit testing and documentation
- Diligently track data so that we have a good insight into how to improve our products
- Guide major releases and monitor them for app crashes and regressions
- Mentor and support other engineers on the team. Identify and develop future leaders.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical background
- 4+ years experience in the industry developing and publishing Android apps
- Experience writing code using scalable and maintainable design patterns in Kotlin or Java
- Strong focus on high-quality mobile UI experiences
- Experience with modern Android libraries like RxJava, Dagger/Hilt, Retrofit, and Android Jetpack components.
- Owner’s mindset. You're a self-starter and get things across the finish line.
- Outcomes oriented. You’re comfortable with data and you focus on impact.
- Strong influencer. You motivate and empower your team to go above and beyond.
- Passionate. You’re passionate about Lime's mission and micromobility; you want to see cities transform to becoming people-centric and less polluted.
What We Offer
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with tons of opportunity for growth.
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability.
- Work with a team of fun and motivated individuals.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Flexible remote policy.
In accordance with Colorado State Law, if the candidate selected for this job resides in Colorado, the anticipated minimum salary will be $105,000, plus bonus and equity (when eligible), as well as benefits. Exact salary will ultimately depend on the candidate’s qualifications. In addition to base salary, this role will be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of management discretion and employee performance.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We strive to build a workforce composed of individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets—not just to do great work, but to become a better company and grow as individuals.