Operations Coordinator - Melbourne
30+ days ago
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has powered 350+ million electric bike and scooter rides in 200+ cities on 5 continents, saving an estimated 75+ million car trips. Learn more about how we help the world #RideGreen at li.me!
We are looking for an Operations Coordinator to join our team, working alongside the operations manager to lead our local operations team on the ground in Melbourne. Your role will optimise the fleet, coordinate our team and understand what our local riders want. You'll be the voice of Lime in the community, working with councils, communities and business to increase ridership and promote safety.
You’ll manage our ongoing relationship with Good Cycles, a social venture providing Lime with a team of leaders, mechanics, and warehouse staff. In this partnership you’ll oversee and coach them to ensure they perform at their best aligning with our targets. You will work in a hyper-local perspective, knowing your community, its suburbs and the way it moves. You will build ‘stuff’ - processes, models, presentations, scripts - and support implementation of high-impact, operationally-driven projects.
What You'll Also Do
- Grow and optimise your market - Work out how to unlock trip growth in Melbourne, while optimising for operational efficiency
- Build a high-performing team - Define hiring needs, execute on those needs, and train new team members
- Coach contractors - Manage performance of our ongoing relationship with contractors and increase accountability
- Make data driven decisions - Utilise our data (customer input, supply/demand, and on the ground experiences) to identify opportunities and how we can improve our business
- Regularly communicate business updates with the Operations Manager
- At least 1 - 2 years working in a fast-paced operations environment, or a tenacious graduate with some real-world experience under their belt
- Know Melbourne like the back of your hand - You understand the local market, its needs and how people move
- Capable of motivating and coaching your team to perform at their highest, and meeting the demands of our external stakeholders
- Grit and an entrepreneurial spirit - Being at a startup company means not everything will go according to plan. You should be a strong multi-tasker and be a high-energy person, able to make decisions in an unstructured environment with a cost effective mentality.
- Owner mentality - You own the local market experience, being customer obsessed in serving your community and ensuring our local operations are continuously changing to best meet the hyperlocal needs
- Natural and autonomous leadership skills, people management experience is a plus
However, we also strongly encourage you to apply even if you are not sure you fit all of the criteria we’ve mentioned. All our roles involve a range of skill sets and we recognise that everyone has different strengths and experiences that can add incredible value to our team. We celebrate and value diversity and we are committed to being inclusive in the way we hire and in the way our team works together.
What We 0ffer
- Opportunity to revolutionise transportation in Melbourne with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- Scale with a rapidly growing organisation, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- Work with a team of fun and motivated individuals across the Globe
- Competitive salary and benefits
- All the free Lime rides you can desire
- Ability to travel and learn from other markets
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.