This job vacancy is no longer available. To browse available jobs click here.
Public Policy Associate (12 Month Contract)
London, United Kingdom
30+ days ago
Lime's mission is to realize a future for transportation that is shared, electric and carbon-free. As the world's leading provider of shared electric vehicles, Lime partners with cities to deploy electric bikes, scooters and mopeds to serve any trip under five miles. One of Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential Companies in 2021, Lime has powered more than 200 million rides in more than 150 cities across five continents, spurring a new generation of clean alternatives to car ownership. Learn more at li.me
Lime is the world’s largest and most experienced micromobility company, and has operated its successful shared e-bike service in London for just under three years, delivering over three million rides. You will join a team of public policy leaders who share our vision for new and environmentally friendly transport options and have the unique opportunity to use your public affairs and communications skills to directly contribute to Lime’s commercial growth in London and across the UK.
You will need the ability to work flexibly, engaging in a range of public affairs activities - and producing high quality results. You will be comfortable working independently and owning responsibility for projects, tasks, and geographic areas and will have experience building relationships with elected officials (both local and national), local authorities and important third sector stakeholders. A strong understanding of UK politics and policy is essential - as are the skills to communicate effectively both externally and internally and to manage multiple deadlines.
What You'll Do:
- Help manage relationships with local authorities, transport partners and third sector stakeholders, regularly meeting with them to build trust and mutual interest, mitigate potential obstacles and convey Lime's priorities and strategies
- Help local authorities, transport operators, local partners and other relevant institutions understand how Lime’s mobility solutions can work for their cities
- Plan and execute campaigns on specific issue areas or in specific geographies such as a City or London Borough.
- Collaborate closely with other Lime team members on operations, marketing, and local media activities
- Work closely alongside the Director of Policy and Public Affairs Manager to monitor and identify issues, political developments and upcoming challenges for Lime
- Degree in Communications, Public Relations, or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years+ experience in government affairs, political campaigns, and/or business development in a government-related environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication/people skills and attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and work at a rapid startup pace
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Passion for sustainability, politics, urban planning, mobility, and leveraging tech for good
- Commercial drive to use your public affairs and communication skills to grow Lime’s business in London
Lime strives to build a workforce comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow, not only as a company, but also as individuals. Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer.