Staff System Engineer
30+ days ago
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We are on a mission to build a future of transportation that is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has powered more than 350 million electric bike and scooter rides in more than 200 cities across five continents, saving an estimated 75+ million car trips. Learn more at li.me!
The Staff System Engineer will be a key team member in an aggressive R&D organization, producing next generation motors and motor controllers for high performance. This role will be responsible for the motor systems engineering aspects of the development including requirement development and management, system architecture, and other relevant systems engineering activities such as DFMEA and Validation support.
What You’ll Do
- Define specification of hardware components including temperature sensor, position, voltage, and current sensors, Mosfet or IGBT, and etc.
- Responsible for electrical motor hardware system.
- Perform vehicle level testing to obtain smooth communication between CCU (central control unit/IOT), electrical motor and battery.
- Be able to do DFMEA: boundary diagrams, electrical motor (sub)system DFMEA.
- Design advanced speed controller to attenuate system mechanical torque oscillation induced in the vehicle dynamics.
- Develop and validate advanced motor control algorithms and control strategy for electro-mechanical system both in the laboratory and vehicle level.
- Familiar state-feedback field-oriented controls (FOC), robust observers, or
- Perform parameter calibration using motor dyno and full-scale drivetrain dyno
- Design and implement motor controller and algorithm development with hardware-in-the-loop simulation.
- Post-process experimental data using LabVIEW/Matlab for motor control system development.
- Effectively communicate results to broader teams in China and abroad.
- M.S. in Electrical or Controls Engineering or equivalent (BS acceptable with sufficient experience)
- Have 5+ years relevant motor controller design or motor control experience in electric vehicle programs.
- Have familiarity with engineering tools such as vector or similar to create CAN network or communication designs.
- Experience with failure analysis methodology like FMEA and fault free
- Experience with standard EE lab instruments (oscilloscope, multimeter, data bus analysis tools, …)
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills – position requires strong interaction in multi-functional team environment particularly in high-pressure situations.
- Must be a self-starter who takes the initiative to find solutions to technical challenges.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of and proficiency with creative problem solving methods.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We strive to build a workforce composed of individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets—not just to do great work, but to become a better company and grow as individuals.