Mechanic - Indianapolis
Indianapolis, IN, United States
30+ days ago
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We are on a mission to build a future of transportation that is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has powered more than 250 million electric bike and scooter rides in more than 200 cities across five continents, saving an estimated 60+ million car trips. Learn more at li.me!
We are looking for mechanics to maintain our fleet of electric scooters! This role is ideal for mechanically-inclined operations professionals that want to broaden and build their career experiences in a highly flexible position. Teamwork is at the heart of our operation, as mechanics work together to identify critical parts of our product lines that can be improved and ensure the safe working condition of our fleet.
What You'll Do
- Be responsible for the maintenance of e-scooters in Lime Warehouse
- Perform all the type of repairs from a screw tightening to the most complicated electronic part replacement
- Have responsibility for Ops App compliance
- Be instrumental in other mechanics integration and team spirit creation
- Follow processes. Able to comply with and to enforce processes
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties and make sure Lime riders are on the safest vehicles
- Maximize the number of operational vehicles in the fleet
- Safely operate a pallet jack and/or push cart on a frequent basis
- Problem solve. Will need to spot issues and find creative ways to overcome obstacles that come your way
- Good communicator capable of motivating a team and communicate issues clearly
- Motivated, energetic individual who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves
- Strong attention to detail, and able to enforce processes
- Comfortable learning and adapting to new concepts and using new tools
- Some technical expertise in mechanics and basics knowledge in electricity
What We Offer
- Competitive hourly wage
- Lime covers 100% benefits at start date of hire with no waiting period
- Career ladder and opportunities for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- Work with a team of fun and motivated individuals
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We strive to build a workforce composed of individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets—not just to do great work, but to become a better company and grow as individuals.