General Manager, Hamburg/Hannover
30+ days ago
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has powered 350+ million electric bike and scooter rides in 200+ cities on 5 continents, saving an estimated 75+ million car trips. Learn more about how we help the world #RideGreen at li.me!
We are looking for a General Manager in Hamburg with a passion for innovation, knack for problem solving, and ability to thrive in ambiguity to create first-class customer experiences. You will be responsible for the #1 Lime market performance and growth in a strategic and critical role.
As Operations Director, you are creative, a big-picture individual who is accountable for the market operational excellence, P&L and team. This includes not only financial management but also team leadership across departments.
What You'll Do:
- Be an owner - build and implement the market growth and profitability strategy across multiple departments with the full support of HQ
- Lead a high performing team - manage and raise the bar for the existing team, define hiring needs, execute on those needs, and train new team members
- Enhance performance - be data driven, track and report ops and financial performance to creatively solve problems & find ways to improve as well as lead by example
- Drive results - forecast and set quarterly goals for your market, while creating an environment of experimentation, analytical thinking and precision to reach those goals
- Communicate across the organisation to ensure timely resolutions, quality control, and process feedback - you are the link between the leading Lime market and regional & central operations, finance, policy, product and engineering teams
- Be the face of Lime - as the leader of your market, you will meet with local officials, business owners and customers as a representative of Lime
- Be a culture carrier - create a fun, inclusive, and safe workplace
- Bilingual German/English
- 7+ years combined experience in consulting, business management, or operations, ideally in a startup or similar environment
- Experience as a team manager
- Excellent communicator who is capable of motivating teams, collaborating with diverse groups across a large organisation, and liaising with external partners as needed
- A great understanding of real-time marketplaces within an analytical mindset (supply and demand economics)
- Experience navigating ambiguous environments solving complex problems while exercising good judgement
- Ability to simplify difficult problems into solvable tasks that can be acted upon
- A data-driven nature, and attention to detail that drive your love of process improvement
- Comfortable learning and adapting to new concepts and using new tools
- Self-motivated, energetic, and driven with the ability to learn new skills that will enable you to grow with the role
- B.A/B.S or equivalent required; MBA preferred
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to revolutionise transportation in cities around the world with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- Hybrid remote working policy
- Scale with a rapidly growing organisation, with significant opportunity for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability.
- Work with a team of successful, fun and motivated people
- Competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and pre-IPO equity
- Wellness rewards and reimbursements
- Company Funded Fertility/Family Forming Benefits
- Unlimited Lime Vehicle use
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.