Senior Payroll Accountant
George Town, Malaysia
25 days ago
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We are on a mission to build a future of transportation that is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has powered more than 350 million electric bike and scooter rides in more than 200 cities across five continents, saving an estimated 75+ million car trips. Learn more at li.me!
Based out of the regional office in Penang, we are looking for a Payroll Senior Accountant to be responsible for the full Payroll process across the assigned regions. Reporting to our Global Payroll Manager, you will be given the opportunity to support the development and growth of Lime across regions.
As we are growing extremely fast, we’re looking for a self-starter who is autonomous, hard-working and structured with excellent attention to detail. Flexibility is an important trait. You are comfortable with the unknown and ready to roll up your sleeves to see ideas, projects, and new initiatives through to the end.
What you’ll do:
- Receive new hires, resignation, salary changes, bonuses, One time payment (OTP) & employee data changes from HR (Workday) and submit to payroll service provider for monthly payroll processing.
- Managing payroll providers, ensure payrolls are computed accurately and compliant with local statutory regulations.
- Prepare payroll headcount recon.
- Prepare payment / fund transfer via online banking system.
- Submit funding / payment requests to Treasury / Finance.
- Prepare and submit payroll journal entries to the Finance team for month end activities.
- Prepare bonus & employees annual leave accrual journals for Finance team to post month end accrual entries.
- Receive stock options transactions details and prepare for tax reporting via payroll.
- Ensure accurate and timely filing of monthly, quarterly and annual statutory reports.
- Work closely with HR for employee queries
- Support payroll audits.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting and/or Business Administration
- 4-6 years of relevant experience with progressing scope and responsibilities
- Proficiency in MS application as well as Google suite
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Good time management skills along with the ability to remain organized under periods of reporting pressure
- Detail oriented
- Excellent written, verbal, and communication skills
- Ability to grasp accounting and finance concepts quickly
- Energetic team player with the ability to build good working relationships
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem solve
- Self-started and able to work independently with minimal supervision
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We strive to build a workforce composed of individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets—not just to do great work, but to become a better company and grow as individuals.