AP Accountant (Remote)
George Town, Malaysia
9 days ago
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We are on a mission to build a future of transportation that is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has powered more than 350 million electric bike and scooter rides in more than 200 cities across five continents, saving an estimated 75+ million car trips. Learn more at li.me!
Lime is hiring an AP Accountant to join our AP team! In this role, you will report into the AP Senior Accountant in the EMEA AP team.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a startup culture. You will be comfortable working within an evolving environment. You are an in the moment problem solver and can stay focused on building and scaling for the future. You thrive on building relationships and uncover the employee sentiment around current offerings.
We are a remote first company and for many roles, we welcome applications from anywhere we operate. It is preferred that this role is based within 90 minutes from our Penang, Malaysia office.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with local requesters and vendors to ensure a smooth and timely processing of invoices
- Review and process employees’ expense reports ensuring appropriate approval and compliance with our travel policy
- Prepare accrual JEs during month end close
- Own the AP process for our various legal entities located in different regions including invoices processing, accounts and VAT coding, follow-up on issue resolutions, compliance to approval matrix, vendors and AP Balance Sheet account reconciliation and supporting payment
- Collaborate with a diverse team of individuals from across the organization on projects to drive overall enhancements of the Finance department
- Assist in the research of data, entries, payments issued and audit routines
- Perform other duties as needed including ad-hoc projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting and/or Business Administration2-5 years relevant experience with progressing scope and responsibilities
- Has good understanding of accounting principles and application
- Must have prior experience working for an MNC
- Proficient with Excel and experience with Netsuite, Coupa and other cloud-based solutions is a plus
- Fluency in English, additional languages would be great
- You are a bold yet humble individual who can navigate across departments and functions
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, with a desire to constantly grow and improve
- Ability to operate at Limespeed with a high-energy and passion and flexible to collaborate with our various legal entities across multiple time zones
- Relentlessly result-driven without taking shortcuts: integrity above everything
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in cities around the world with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with significant opportunity for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- Work with a team of successful, fun and motivated people
- Competitive salary and benefits
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We strive to build a workforce composed of individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets—not just to do great work, but to become a better company and grow as individuals.