This job vacancy is no longer available. To browse available jobs click here.
Public Affairs (Senior) Manager, DACH
30+ days ago
Lime operates electric scooters, bikes and mopeds, but our mission is larger. We believe in transforming cities through green, affordable, and accessible transportation for everyone. As the world's leading provider of shared electric vehicles, Lime partners with cities to serve any trip under five miles. One of Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential Companies in 2021, Lime has powered more than 200 million rides in more than 150 cities across five continents, spurring a new generation of clean alternatives to car ownership. Learn more at li.me!
We are looking for a Public Affairs (Senior) Manager to support our policy and public affairs strategies in the DACH region. You'll help execute our overall policy strategy and develop local campaigns to reinforce Lime’s leadership position in Germany (and the region). You will work closely with our local operations teams. You share our vision for new, sustainable, transportation solutions and have the ability to persuasively express that vision with elected officials, decision makers.
What You'll Do:
- Establish strategic relationships with government and city leaders, local authorities, regulators and third sector stakeholders, regularly meeting with them to build trust and mutual interest, mitigate potential obstacles and convey the company's priorities and strategies
- Help city governments, transit authorities, local partners and other relevant institutions understand how Lime’s mobility solutions can work for their cities
- Partner with organisations, think tanks, educational institutions and similar groups to align Lime’s social mission with existing transportation, health, and environmental community initiatives
- Plan and execute campaigns on specific issue areas or in our most important cities
- Localise our corporate initiatives as well as tech, product and company-wide announcements and features to offer city specific solutions
- Track and advise on important changes in regulatory or legislative matters affecting your market
- Help set and carry-out the public policy and advocacy agenda for the company, working collaboratively with the other teams and executives to ensure alignment between business objectives and policy and community outreach goals
- Work closely alongside the Director of Public Affairs to monitor and identify issues, political developments and upcoming challenges
- Traveling in DACH (if COVID allows) to city roundtables, speaking events or launching new cities with e-scooters, e-bikes and e-mopeds
- Degree in Politics, Communications, Public Relations, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in government affairs, political campaigns, and/or business development in a government-related environment, particular on the municipal level
- Passion for sustainability, mobility, urban planning, politics, and leveraging tech for good
- Existing transportation, government, and advocacy contacts and relationships
- A strong business approach and aptitude for finding strategic wins even in the face of initial resistance
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and work at a rapid startup space
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication/people skills
- Fluency in German and English essential
- Available for travel
- Location: Berlin
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to revolutionise transportation in cities around the world with the leader in urban mobility solutions.
- Scale with a rapidly growing organisation, with significant opportunity for growth.
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability.
- Work with a team of successful, fun and motivated people
- Competitive salary and benefits
At Lime, we strive to build a workforce composed of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow as a company and as individuals. Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer.