About Lightsource bp
Lightsource bp (LSbp) is a global leader in the development and management of solar energy projects, and a 50:50 joint venture with bp. Our purpose is to deliver affordable and sustainable solar power for businesses and communities around the world.
With solar set to increase tenfold in the next 20 years, we are well-positioned to capitalise on this growth. By joining the Lightsource bp team, you have a chance to ‘be the change’ - driving the world’s energy transition to a more sustainable future.
We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit as we continue to push the boundaries of an ever-changing energy landscape. By choosing a career with us, you can expect a challenging and fulfilling role surrounded by passionate people with brilliant ideas about sustainable technology, innovation and making the world a better place.
What you’ll do (the role)
LSbp has entered the market in France to take part of the country ambition to install 100 GB of solar PV by 2050. A team of up to 20 people is going to be hired in 2022-2023 to develop ground mounted utility scale PV projects with the objective of having a pipeline of 1 GW by 2026. To reach this target, LSbp France will originate its own pipe of projects, co-develop projects with partners looking forward to be supported by a major international developer, and acquire projects at various stage of developments. We are looking to hire experienced solar people having an entrepreneurial mindset to join this new exciting venture.
As Prospecteur foncier, you will responsible for creating and developing a network of local partners (landowners, communities, mayors, elected officials, residents, notaries, etc.) and business contributors.
With the support of the GIS team, this position will be responsible for targeting land in a specific region in France, to be secured public or private (agricultural type / wasteland / abandoned / degraded land, etc.) for the development of large scale solar projects on the ground, floating or agri-PV projects
Duties & responsibilities
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities.
- Analysis of the characteristics of potential lands (topography, town planning, connection) in order to assess their relevance
- Identifying the landowners of the selected cadastral parcels
- Leading the land negotiations with the owners.
- Obtaining the necessary signatures for the project (promises of lease, constitutions of easements on private and public domain) in compliance with operating and technical constraints
- Playing the role of interface with the institutional partners (DDT, DREAL and other public administrations) involved in the projects in order to advance the files, and working in close collaboration with the photovoltaic study managers and the internal support teams
- Participating in the development of projects through prescription and lobbying, ensure the acceptance of projects by all stakeholders and forge partnerships with the actors essential to development by creating a climate of trust.
- Ensuring communication and consultation in the context of meetings with local actors: landowners, communities, state services, residents, elected officials, etc.
Who we’re looking for
Experience & Knowledge
- Understanding of property development, particularly leases
- Understanding of renewables industry, energy and environmental issues
- Technical understanding of solar farm development and construction
- Understanding of solar farm environmental planning constraints
- Experience in a similar role is essential.
- Full driving licence
- Degree in relevant field desirable
Why you’ll make a great member of the team
Work & General skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written French.
- Functional English
- Exceptionally well organized and driven by success
- Ability to thrive in high-pressure situations
- Analytical thinker with great problem-solving skills
- Decisive and committed
Why you’ll want to work for us
Our company is a place where you can be yourself and grow; a place where your ideas and opinions matter.
We pride ourselves on being an inclusive community, where every individual is valued and treated with respect.
Our culture is driven by our core values. From operating safely to ensuring our solar projects are responsible and promote biodiversity.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer a variety of benefits including annual bonus, retention bank, health insurance, pension and other local benefits.
Beyond your day-to-day working life at Lightsource bp, there’s a variety of initiatives that will contribute to your own personal development. Initiatives to get involved with including our charitable causes, supporting our solar honey project or our sustainability initiatives.
Our Core Values
Lightsource bp truly cares about creating a sustainable future through safe, responsible and meaningful low carbon energy projects. Our core values of Safety, Integrity, Respect, Sustainability and Drive are the guiding principles for everything we do.