Job Title: Senior Sustainability Manager
About Lightsource bp
Lightsource bp (LSbp) is a global leader in the development and management of solar energy projects, and a 50:50 joint venture with bp. Our purpose is to deliver affordable and sustainable solar power for businesses and communities around the world.
With solar set to increase tenfold in the next 20 years, we are well-positioned to capitalize on this growth. By joining the Lightsource bp team, you will ‘be the change’ - driving the world’s energy transition to a more sustainable future.
We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit as we continue to push the boundaries of an ever-changing energy landscape. By choosing a career with us, you can expect a challenging and fulfilling role surrounded by passionate people with brilliant ideas about sustainable technology, innovation and making the world a better place.
What you’ll do (the role)
As a global leader in our sector, Lightsource bp’s core contribution to global sustainability is in developing responsible solar projects across the globe, helping our energy landscape decarbonise. Delivering these projects will provide clean energy and support the net zero goals of many governments, businesses, and communities.
Sustainability is a core value at Lightsource bp, and our commitments go beyond business as usual. We have an aim to be a leader in biodiversity and multiuse solar, and we are taking science-based action on greenhouse gas emissions as part of our environmental stewardship goals. We prioritise social responsibility in how we work, through respecting human rights and engaging and investing in local communities.
In this role you will work closely with our Global Head of Sustainability and other stakeholders to support the delivery of our corporate sustainability commitments.
Read our sustainability strategy and our latest sustainability report to find out more.
Duties and responsibilities
Reporting and disclosures
- Monitor reporting standards and best practice including GRI, STBi, SBTN, TCFD, GHG Protocol and SASB and other country specific requirements (in discussion with regional Government Affairs teams for the EU, UK and US), to ensure Lightsource bp continues to report and disclose sustainability information consistent with industry best practice and any regulatory requirements
- Play a leading role in the annual sustainability report preparation including information and data gathering and content development. Ensure report alignment with ESG disclosure requirements and best practices.
- Support and manage internal (i.e. bid/tender responses, Equator Principles reporting) and external (i.e. disclosures and ratings agencies) ESG information requests ensuring quality of deliverables in line with company standard and positions and ensuring milestones and deadlines are met.
- Keep Global Head of Sustainability informed of emerging trends and new regulations relating to ESG reporting and disclosures
- Support the disclosure of GHG emissions and refinement of the company’s GHG reduction roadmap
- Work with Global Head of Sustainability and other members of the sustainability team and internal network to improve and maintain a dashboard monitoring key sustainability metrics
- Support the Global Head of Sustainability in developing and implementing sustainability policies and guidance to support the businesses (i.e. on circularity, environmental assessment, community engagement)
Who we’re looking for
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in sustainability and/or related field such as investor relations, preferably working in corporate and/or consulting environment
- Experience in external communication and disclosure
- Knowledge of global sustainability reporting credentials (for example: GRI, SASB, SBTi, GHG Protocol, TCFD, SBTN)
- Understanding of SDGs, Equator Principles and environmental and social standards
- Demonstrable experience in producing high-quality, engaging reports and supporting content
- High level of data literacy and experience in collating and managing data, preferably sustainability data
Work & General skills
- Excellent technical, project management and communication skills with experience working with multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Driven with a hands-on proactive approach to business, and the ability to be flexible and adapt rapidly.
- Enjoys learning and pushing boundaries of knowledge
- Adaptable to change in a fast evolving field
- Fluent English is essential.
Why you’ll make a great member of the team
- Organised and structured project manager with an emphasis on collaboration
- Strong communication skills and strength in building relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Brilliant writer and analytical thinker
- Thrives in a culturally diverse environment
Why you’ll want to work for us
Our company is a place where you can be yourself and grow; a place where your ideas and opinions matter.
We pride ourselves on being an inclusive community, where every individual is valued and treated with respect.
Our culture is driven by our core values. From operating safely to ensuring our solar projects are responsible and promote biodiversity.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer a variety of benefits including annual bonus, retention bank, health insurance, pension and other local benefits.
Beyond your day-to-day working life at Lightsource bp, there’s a variety of initiatives that will contribute to your own personal development. Initiatives to get involved with including our charitable causes, supporting our solar honey project or our sustainability initiatives.
Our Core Values
Lightsource bp truly cares about creating a sustainable future through safe, responsible and meaningful low carbon energy projects. Our core values of Safety, Integrity, Respect, Sustainability and Drive are the guiding principles for everything we do.