Job Title: Senior Manager, Power Markets
Department: Power Markets EMEA
About Lightsource bp
Lightsource bp is a global leader in the development and management of solar energy projects. We are a 50:50 joint venture with bp with a mission to help drive the world’s transition to low carbon energy.
With solar set to increase tenfold in the next 20 years, we are well-positioned to capitalise on this growth. By joining the Lightsource bp team, you will ‘be the change’ on the world’s energy transition to a more sustainable future.
We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit as we continue to push the boundaries of an ever-changing energy landscape. By choosing a career with us, you can expect a challenging and fulfilling role surrounded by people who are passionate and have brilliant ideas about sustainable technology, innovation and making the world a better place.
What You’ll do (the role)
This role will play a key role in delivering the regional power market strategy for Europe which is a key geographical focus for our ambitious plan for growth.
To develop and implement strategy for offtake for projects in the development pipeline and optimize power monetization for assets. Includes origination, sales and negotiation of PPA and other long-term and bidding strategy for government auctions. Multi country approach focused on developing partnership and relationships.
Duties and responsibilities
- Identifying and developing market opportunities with major energy users and utilities to support the development pipeline across 10 markets in Europe.
- Work with suppliers and other market participants to develop innovative routes to market to secure bankable revenue to support solar development.
- Work with legal department, structured finance and other internal stakeholders to negotiate heads of terms & PPA contracts.
- Liaise with structured finance, development and commercial managers to create power marketing solutions that optimise funding opportunities and enable development.
- Understand developments in the European markets and energy policy and the impact these will have on Power marketing in order to keep Lightsource BP at the forefront of the market.
- Be the market lead and go to person for on or more European market being the key point of contact with the development team and external market stakeholders.
Who we’re looking for
- Comprehensive knowledge of the European power markets is a must along utility scale renewables experience.
- Multiyear experience of negotiating Power Purchase Agreements in the relevant markets.
- Successful track record of executing complex energy projects and/or transactions.
- Strong good interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience presenting at many levels including internal and external stakeholders and speaking at events.
- Deep experience in one or ideally more of the relevant power markets
- Origination and negotiation of long-term power purchase agreements
- Participation in renewable energy support auctions
- Power trading and risk management
Why you’ll make a great member of the team
- Highly motivated individual who and can flourished in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally in English and either Italian or Greek.
- Commercially driven, capable to leading complex negotiations
- Present yourself with integrity, credibility and professionalism
- Willing and able to travel across the Europe as required
- Creative thinker who can find solutions, adapt to market developments and find new ways of doing things to drive value
Why you’ll want to work for us
Our company is a place where you can be yourself and grow – a place where your ideas and opinions matter.
We pride ourselves on being an inclusive community, where every individual is valued and treated with respect.
Our culture is driven by our core values. From operating safely to ensuring our solar projects are responsible and promote biodiversity.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer a variety of benefits including annual bonus, retention bank, health insurance, pension, and other local benefits.
Join an agile, international team working across 15 countries to power the future and positively impact people, communities, ecosystems and biodiversity across the world.
Our core values
Lightsource bp truly cares about creating a sustainable future through safe, responsible and meaningful low-carbon energy projects. Our core values of Safety, Integrity, Respect, Sustainability and Drive are the guiding principles for everything we do.